No announcement yet.

Eat MOAR meat!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Along the lines of MOAR meat....usually I keep my servings of meat to around 4-5oz, two to three times a day. Then I look on here and see folks are eating 1lb sirloin with eggs, lol!!! Am I not eating enough meat?

Comment

I have never met an animal I didn't love. Meat is so exspensive though, I'd love to eat more real chunks of red flesh but it's mainly mince and chicken

Though my friends were discussing the fact that more horses are beeing bred in the UK than demand and you can get horses for next to nowt, most of us were working out the logistics of buying, butuering and storing a pony
      You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Originally posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
        Along the lines of MOAR meat....usually I keep my servings of meat to around 4-5oz, two to three times a day. Then I look on here and see folks are eating 1lb sirloin with eggs, lol!!! Am I not eating enough meat?
        lol...I'm doing a 24hr fast, so this will be my one meal for the day. That said, I probably average in the 1-1.5lb range/day if we include meat and eggs. I'm also a fairly active guy and not even trying to lose weight.

Comment

My craving for meat goes on and off. I go through stages of protein, right now it's shrimp, just not craving the red meat right now.
          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I usually eat about a pound of meat a day ... sometimes closer to 1.5lbs if meat is the only thing I eat that day and/or I did a really hard workout. It also depends on how lean it is -- if I eat 0.75 lbs of fish, I could pretty easily eat another half pound of something fattier (hamburger, pork, etc).
            Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

my plates are always mostly meat so i fully embraced carnivorism

hello, brothers and sisters
              beautiful
              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by Dustino
                Is anyone in here under 10% body fat and can say they love meat and eat 5 servings a day with hardly any carbs
                I hope I'm never under 10% body fat. There are parts of a lady that SHOULD jiggle when she walks.

I don't count anything unless I'm curious. I go with what my appetite is asking for. It may be a pound and a half, it may be only half a pound, whatever. I don't limit or artificially stuff myself with it. But I make sure to have it and I do not skimp. I take the bigger piece and I don't go back for seconds unless I want seconds of the meat. I don't substitute nuts or yogurt or cheese when meat is available. If I don't want to eat some meat, I'm probably not really hungry.

Originally posted by Tribal Rob
                Meat is so exspensive though, I'd love to eat more real chunks of red flesh but it's mainly mince and chicken
                Chicken is meat. Mince is meat. It's still going to provide you health and vitality.
                Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Hmmmm.....maybe I should try upping protein a bit. I have been a bit hungrier these last several days and have been snacking between lunch and dinner which isn't necessarily something I want to do if I can avoid it. Cravings for carby stuff has gone way up the last few days too, but I haven't slept well in several nights because of a sick baby.

Does 4-5oz per meal seem like not enough?

Comment

Before I went veggie, and now, after returning from the land of vega, I'm rediscovering my love of meat.

I've always felt like meat can be a meal all by itself, but with all my years of brainwashing, I've had the idea that it needs veggies and stuff to make it nutritious, "meat is a condiment" mentality.

Strangely enough, my husband has always leaned heavier towards veggies. He was a pretty happy vegetarian, though now he's enjoying the bacon, and the seafood, more... but a big chunk of beef doesn't really attract him. He seems to prefer chicken. He does like pork, though, so I'm tempting him with ground pork, and pork roast, and chops.

Comment

I had to find the MOAR meat thread to report MOAR seafood meat day!....Mmmmm, started with fishermans eggs 7 Things to Do with Canned Sardines - Test Kitchen Notes - Food News - CHOW and ended with a pound of mussels in a garlic butter sauce with a side of green beans.

Yay MEAT!

Comment

I also notice that I feel good when eating a decent amount of meat.

One difference now, though, is that I'm trying to reduce the amount of muscle meat that I eat in favor of organs, bone broths, and seafood, and supplementing with gelatin when I do eat a big portion of muscle meat. I think that getting excessive amounts of tryptophan and cystein from muscle meat is probably not such a good thing.

Funny thing is that my husband tends to feel better when he cuts back on his meat consumption, even though he loves it.

Comment

Good article. Some are already Primal and some can be Primalized fairly easily.

Fisherman's Eggs sound yummy. I'd add a sliced tomato. Seanuts sounds awesome except of course ditch the peanuts and add real nuts. I make fish cakes, but never thought to make them with canned sardines. Their recipe calls for bread crumbs, but you can leave that out and use more potato and eggs. Chilling them before frying helps keep them together.

Dang, Halloween is over. I want an excuse to make Seanuts.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Mmmmm organs, I think I shall be buying some today, the OH dosn't like the taste, but sod it I'll just eat it by myself.

What's more I've just had my breakfast of just under a pound of ground beef (well over 20% fat) made into burgers - now I feel really satisfied mmmmmm.
                            You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Originally posted by BestBetter View Post
                              in favor of organs, bone broths, and seafood, and supplementing with gelatin
                              I had some beef liver one day, it was fantastic! DH wont eat it. He remembers as a kid not liking it. I didnt either but now I enjoy it. I have to remind myself though, to eat it at least once a week. Trying to work it into my routine. I had chicken gizzards last night. I finish them off in a braise for at least an hour, last night I used balsamic for the braise. They are so tender that way. No grizzle to deal with.

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                              Their recipe calls for bread crumbs, but you can leave that out and use more potato and eggs. Chilling them before frying helps keep them together.
                              Using tators! I never would have thought of that. Thanks for the tip! And chilling is a great idea also. I just usually dont think far enough ahead but will try
                              65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

More meat works wonders for me too. Lately I have been eating a lot of wild game, since I have some deer and elk in my freezer that is getting a bit old (I vacuum pack everything, and have not seen any issues with 2 years in storage, but it usually doesn't last that long). I feel like I make the biggest strength gains on the weeks where I eat more meat.

For breakfast today, I had some deer steaks sprinkled with coconut flour and pan fried in kerrygold with a couple of scrambled eggs and some wilted spinach.
                                Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
                                SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
                                CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Comment

Working...
                                X