Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any way to eat my veggies without having to "eat my veggies"?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to eat my veggies without having to "eat my veggies"?

I really don't like the taste of veggies and I need to eat them. Ideas on how I could still get them?

Try something like zucchini chips, or zucchini "noodles". Or maybe you could try grating up various veggies, mixing with grass fed ground beef, and making some patties. Kale chips are awesome too. Frittatas can be loaded with veggies and are super yummy. Same for omelettes.

Comment

Thank you! I think I'll try that. It sounds like a great idea

Comment

Read this thread in its entirety:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread68525.html

"The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

I like to put heaps of veggies in my daily omelette. I put mushrooms, capsicum, spinach and whatever else I have lying around, sauté them until they are soft and add in my eggs!

Comment

You could juice too, not as good as eating it though. Also bacon helps.
            "Go For Broke"
            Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
            Small Kine-168/9%
            Now- 200/8%
            Goal- 210/6%

Comment

Calling them vegetables might help. Adults eat vegetables, children eat veggies.
              Female, age 51, 5' 9"
              SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
              2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Or just eat liver, eggs, shellfish, nuts, fermented food and any nutrient-dense plant foods you can handle - sweet potatoes, leafy greens, etc. That pretty much has you covered. Sauerkraut has some vitamin C.
                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
                  Calling them vegetables might help. Adults eat vegetables, children eat veggies.
                  +1

Just eat them. Add butter and salt.

Remeber- your palate has been babied all its life, which is why you don't like them. Time to make your palate grow up and learn what food actually tastes like.

Comment

Funny, I didn't realize that using the word "veggie" is all that's keeping me from true adulthood.

-Adult veggie lover

my primal journal:
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...Primal-Journal

Comment

Sheesh, uptight much? Australians call them veggies too. Doesn't make them all a bunch of children.

Comment

Originally posted by shelbyeagle143 View Post
                        I really don't like the taste of veggies and I need to eat them. Ideas on how I could still get them?
                        Yeah, roast a load of tomatos, zucchini, peppers, sweet potato etc and just blend the lot and make a sauce out of them... you can use it as a dip or throw it into a chilli, make a soup out of it... I used to feed this to my kids when they were little to get their veggie consumption up. You can also make a type of salsa with finely chopped veg, chuck a load of cillantro and lemon juice in there, plus chilli... nom!
                        It really depends on what you 'don't like' about them... taste? There's really so many ways to enjoy eating vegetables, just experiment until you find something you DO like. Not all veg tastes the same... so exclude what you don't like and find what you do.

Comment

Working...
                        X