Amy's Frozen Dinners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amy's Frozen Dinners

Does anyone know if the Amy's brand Light and Lean dinners have any downsides? I'v been curious because they are easy to make when you don't have a lot of time and as far as I can tell are nutritious. Does anyone know the scoop?

Are there any that are grain free? I doubt few if any, so I would say while they may be organic, probably not primal.

Comment

I agree with Jena. Organic =/= healthy.

If I grow and process sugar using all certified organic methods, in the end, it is still sugar.
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

There are grain-free ones! Polenta with Swiss chard is grain free

Comment

Good point! But it isn't very high In sugar

Comment

Polenta is made from corn.
            Corn is a grain.
            Polenta =/= grain free.

Comment

Is Corn really a grain? I thought it was a veggie

Comment

I didn't think about it that way. I suppose corn is a grain. I am new to this website so feel free to correct me

Comment

Not only is corn a grain, but more than 85% of the corn grown in the U.S. is genetically modified. As a food, corn in this country isn't fit for consumption by anyone except a Monsanto or FDA executive.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Where do you suggest I buy corn considering that?

Comment

Originally posted by shelbyeagle143 View Post
                      Most here would suggest you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by shelbyeagle143 View Post
                        I suggest you skip the corn altogether.
                        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

I wouldn't. It's a grain. But if you just can't live w/out it, I'd try a trusted organic source. Or Mexico. They grow over 27 different kinds of corn, and are trying (it won't work) to keep GMO corn out of the country. Problem with that is that our government (read you and me if you pay taxes) subsidizes the production of corn here to the extent that it's actually sometimes cheaper for Mexicans to buy our corn from grocery stores.

I think about it this way. Corn is basically sugar and fiber. Take a stick and sprinkle some sugar on it and it's about the same.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Amy's is a local company where I live. Good folks, but they cater to the vegetarian crowd. They do gluten free meals, but not grain free. I don't think I have ever seen anything by them that's grain free.

Comment

Very helpful comments! Thank you! I never considered any of this before haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X