No announcement yet.

Amy's Frozen Dinners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It kills me that the gov. considers corn on the cob, or kernal corn a veg, then when it dries it is magically transformed back to a grain....face palm.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Comment

One of the hard truths about eating whole, unprocessed foods is that some of the convenience goes out of life. Canned soups, packaged dinners and cereals, fast food eateries, and a variety of other conveniences we once took for granted as at least a sometimes thing don't cut it if you really want to eat healthily.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Amen. I have been experiencing that 100% lately. There are unprocessed alternatives but they are generally hard to find and expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by shelbyeagle143 View Post
          Very helpful comments! Thank you! I never considered any of this before haha.
          If you have a lot of trouble with needing the convenience and/or portability of frozen meals then you can make your own. I make large meals and freeze portions of things like stews, sauces, chilli, certain casseroles, etc... It gets easier the more you do it.

Comment

Great idea! Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
              Not only is corn a grain, but more than 85% of the corn grown in the U.S. is genetically modified. As a food, corn in this country isn't fit for consumption by anyone except a Monsanto or FDA executive.

One of the hard truths about eating whole, unprocessed foods
              Yep. let's feed Monsanto's crap back to them.

"Whole and unprocessed" does not mean Primal. Vegans eat whole and unprocessed foods too. (sorry, pet peeve of mine.)
              5'0" female, 45 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Gained back to 115(!) on SAD chocolate, potato chips, and stress. Currently 111.

Comment

Originally posted by oxide View Post
                Yep. let's feed Monsanto's crap back to them.

"Whole and unprocessed" does not mean Primal. Vegans eat whole and unprocessed foods too. (sorry, pet peeve of mine.)
                Not a prob. I get the distinction. But I consider vegans comrades in arms or at least comrades in purchasing power. I may not agree with a meatless existence, but I certainly agree with eating food sustainably grown/raised. They may not consider me as such since I do eat other living creatures, but if we take one idea: that of no longer accepting factory-made food as anything but substandard, we're all in this together.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Where do you suggest I buy corn considering that?
                  I would suggest only eating corn seasonally from local producers. Of course, I live in Alberta so every year we have a mass influx of the local stuff.
                  Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                    I would suggest only eating corn seasonally from local producers. Of course, I live in Alberta so every year we have a mass influx of the local stuff.
                    Good idea! and wow you're lucky. I love seasonal food

Comment

Good idea! and wow you're lucky. I love seasonal food
                      Well... kind of. Right now, the only thing that's locally produced is beef. :P Ah, ski season in October.
                      Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by shelbyeagle143 View Post
                        I didn't think about it that way. I suppose corn is a grain. I am new to this website so feel free to correct me
                        In all seriousness, you should read the book.
                        Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

I love the burritos!

Comment

What does Amy's offer beyond quick and convenient?

The brutal reality to this primal way of eating is that the most reliable and nutritious food is food you source and prepare yourself. It doesn't have to be complicated or difficult or time consuming, but there IS a learning curve if you've never cooked real food from scratch before.

Learning a few good recipes, making big batches, and freezing them in meal-sized portions will give you some of the quickness and convenience you're looking for.

The corn veggie/grain debate continues. Either way, its likely GMO especially in commercially prepared foods, which is reason enough to avoid it. In the meantime I avoid it except when local corn on the cob is in season, or the occasional bag of organic tortilla chips. Or movie popcorn once or twice a year
                            Sandra
                            *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Working...
                            X