Affordable Grass Fed Jerky?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affordable Grass Fed Jerky?

Does such a thing exist? I know affordable is subjective, but I would appreciate some suggestions if anyone has any. Thanks.

The cheapest route is going to be making your own.

Making your own is also the best route because you get to control the indgredients. I mainly make venison jerky.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Comment

Thanks, but looking to buy for convenience reasons. Anyone?

Comment

Buy some grass-fed beef heart and make it yourself. Can't beat the price and quality.

Comment

If you input "jerky" at Amazon, you get 3200+ hits. You can refine it from there.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I bought some from US Wellness Meats. It seems fairly normally priced for jerky, and is from grass-fed cows.

Comment

There is a local vendor around my area that makes grass-fed beef and lamb jerky, and pasture-raised pork jerky. Problem is, they still use a fair amount of non-primal stuff in it. For example, the number one ingredient listed, after the meat was "evaporated sugar cane juice." I gave it a big pass as a result.

Grass-fed aside, I just don't see the point. If the meat is the good stuff, but the rest of it is still crap, are you REALLY that much better off? Just get a dehydrator and make your own if you must. It's not that hard.
              "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

BEST tasting!

Originally posted by neophyte View Post
                Does such a thing exist? I know affordable is subjective, but I would appreciate some suggestions if anyone has any. Thanks.
                Love this company and their grassfed jerky. Gourmet Grass Fed Jerky & Meats (I am not getting paid to recommend this product. I just LOVE it!

Comment

Perhaps a little pricier than what you're looking for (taking shipping into account), but I trust the ingredients: Steve's Original Grass-Fed Just Jerky

I also just tried their Grass-Fed PaleoStix (w/spinach), and they are excellent.

Comment

Working...
                  X