New to plan and need advice please :-)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clara View Post
    I really hope so as my sweet tooth is normally my downfall on every diet i have tried. Fingers crossed for this time :-)

Thank you for your reply
    Just wanted to tell you that before going Primal, I was a complete carbaholic and had a serious addiction to sweets. It's was extremely hard for me to get over that. It has actually taken me several months to get to this point, I still get cravings now and then but I am able to get over them relatively fast and easy now. I just wanted to tell you that if you mess up and have sweets or something off plan, don't get discouraged and throw in the towel. I have found this way of eating to be a process and journey. The longer I stick with it, the more things change and the more I learn about myself, my habits, my body, how I react to certain foods, etc. Just stick with it and give yourself TIME. This was the hardest thing for me, because I'm the kind of person who wants results RIGHT NOW, lol!! I'm not patient. But I've found through sticking it out and some trial and error along the way, that this way of eating is really satisfying and I'm starting to feel really good physically and mentally, and I'm able to go longer and longer now without having off plan foods. If you fall off the wagon, don't fret or get down on yourself. Just pick up and hop right back on.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergirl View Post
      Oohh, i agree in the plantains. I made plantain chips this week, delicious. Fried in coconut oil. My only problem with them was finding it a bit too snacky. Didn't want to stop.

Also cook the banana in bacon fat too.
      I had the same issue. I think next time I make them I will have them as part of my dinner so I won't be tempted to snack on them for hours. Or, you could just make one instead of being like me, and frying up three at a time, lol!!

Comment

Working...
      X