Cheese

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheese

What is your position on cheese? How many times a week do you eat it? What types of cheese would be best?

Thanks for your input!

I LOVE cheese. Life would not be complete without it. Dairy doesn't bother me digestively, but if I eat too much, it irritates my sinuses.

I get artisan cheese made from organic whole milk from local cows. It's made just a few miles from my house.

Even though I love cheese, I don't eat a lot of it. I'm a small person and my daily caloric level for weight maintenance is pretty low. I might have an ounce of cheese a day, on average. Sometimes I go several days and don't have any, then I'll have a cheesy meal with 4 or 5 ounces.

"Velveeta" and "Kraft singles" aren't cheese and should be banned to the lowest level of hell.

Comment

There are no carbs. Eat as much as you want

Comment

<3 row cow's milk cheese, garlic and herb. my local grocery store sells it. soo yummy!!
        Started eating Primal in October 2011.
        Started lifting heavy things on October 26, 2012.
        Started sugar detox: November 12, 2012
        [may or may not have been purposely before Thanksgiving]

Comment

Originally posted by BeatlesFan View Post
          There are no carbs. Eat as much as you want
          that's a really bad response. oy vey.

cheese tastes really good, and is very calorie dense. enjoy it.

Comment

I'm a fan of cheese, but go for the high quality stuff and watch it if your goals are weight loss since some are pretty dense in calories and highly palatable which can lead to overeating. Ever put a good cheese on a ribeye and some vegetables? It's so good that it should be illegal.
            Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own experience.

In the mind of the beginner, there are many possibilities; in the mind of the expert, there are few.

I've shaken hands with a raccoon and lived to tell the tale

SW: 220- 225 pounds at the beginning of January
            CW: 180 pounds

Goals for 2012: Lose a bit more fat and start a serious muscle and strength routine

Comment

Cheese. Yes. My position is that if dairy doesn't bother you, eat the most quality cheese you can afford as often as your body can afford it (calorie wise).

Yesterday, my one meal was a goat cheese that's sort of like brie on the outside, but like fresh goat cheese on the inside, accompanied by pate rustique which is made from pork liver. I'd never tried pate from pork liver before - it was pretty good, but very different from the smooth lovely chicken liver pate I'm used to.

I agree with Goldie on the Velveeta and Kraft singles, and would like to also send anything spelled with a "z" straight to hell. There is no Z in cheese.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I eat 150-200 g goats/sheeps/buffalo cheese daily.

It's super-nutritious and great value for money cf 'meat'.
                F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

I eat cheese almost daily, and still lose weight. I like Kerrygold Dubliner. Melt it on burgers, or over steaks. Eat it raw, whatever. I love the stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by KV8R View Post
                    I eat cheese almost daily, and still lose weight. I like Kerrygold Dubliner. Melt it on burgers, or over steaks. Eat it raw, whatever. I love the stuff.
                    Dubliner is amazing. If you're going to eat cheese,this is def one to get.

Comment

Originally posted by ashley.thepie.rat View Post
                      Dubliner is amazing. If you're going to eat cheese,this is def one to get.
                      Sweet Jeezabel, +1000 on Dubliner. One of my favorite cheeses I've ever had. A block only lasts me two days, though, so I only get it sometimes.

Comment

Excellent source of Vitamin K2. I aim for 100g per day
                        Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

Wowza, how are you eating that much Dubliner so quickly!

The thing that amazes me about high quality cheeses is how far a little piece can stretch. In my totally unscientific opinion unmelted high quality cheese tastes farther, or has more taste for longer? I'm not really sure how to put that! Anyways, laying some unadulterated luke-warm cheese on my steak has more taste and = less total cheese consumption than making a sauce out of melted cheese! Why is that?

Comment

Originally posted by sarasue624 View Post
                            Wowza, how are you eating that much Dubliner so quickly!

The thing that amazes me about high quality cheeses is how far a little piece can stretch. In my totally unscientific opinion unmelted high quality cheese tastes farther, or has more taste for longer? I'm not really sure how to put that! Anyways, laying some unadulterated luke-warm cheese on my steak has more taste and = less total cheese consumption than making a sauce out of melted cheese! Why is that?
                            Shit, Costco sells dubliner in a 3 lb block for 10 bucks, I have 3 blocks in my fridge right now, and I consider that running low. seriously! and yes, I (and my family) consume THAT MUCH cheese, and I'm still losing weight.

Comment

Costco cheese me - YouTube

Luv Costco cheese.

Comment

Working...
                              X