No announcement yet.

Any thoughts on almond cheese

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well thanks all for the input and as advised unless I feel like making it myself I will stay away. One question though. Why all the hate for almond butter and almond flour? They are mentioned in so many recipes but it seems as though a few of you are not fans.

Comment

I think it's about the fail of some of the nut butters and flours. Sometimes when people first start Primal for weight loss reasons, they eat a bit too much of the foods that should be eaten in moderation. Then they think that Primal failed them, when in fact their interpretation of the 80/20 thing or even their interpretation of the various pyramids failed them.

Also, technically, they are both processed foods. Nut butters are better than peanut (not a nut) butter, but they are not better than eating whole nuts. It's way too easy to stick a spoon in the jar and wake up with an empty jar and nut breath. (That sounded worse than I meant it to.) Non-wheat flour is better than wheat flour, but it is still processed, and calorie for calorie will never be as good a food as animals, plants, and bugs in as natural a state as possible.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
      X