Best primal snacks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best primal snacks

So i've heard of the obvious ones - the boiled eggs, the tinned sardines, the coconut and cocao treats, the macadamia nuts and some berries, but what are YOUR favourite primal snacks? Doing my primal shop this weekend so want to get some great ideas

Thanks.

I know this probably sounds completely foreign right now, but you are probably not going to have room for snacks for long! Hmmm- Beef jerky (check the ingredients- some have tons of sugar!) Avocados- although, I am not sure if those are as prevalent in London as they are here- I will just eat a half by itself. Get some 70% dark chocolate for "emergencies". I also really like salsa or guacamole: jazzes up raw veg quite a bit. String cheese is good, in a pinch. Tea with stevia and some coconut milk or cream is heavenly. And I love to make kale chips: there are a ton of good recipes online, you can save serious $ making them yourself.
    Last edited by Lady Grok; 10-24-2012, 04:45 AM. Reason: redundancy
    With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

Comment

Ooho GREAT idaes there. Yeah we do have Avocados here too but obviously completely out of season. Will just make sure i try to buy organic where I can. I ADORE biltong or jerky and we have a good few south african shops here where i'm sure we can buy it! I could eat bags and bags of it though! You buy it by weight from them, not in sealed bags, do you think that would be better as wouldn't have much of the rubbish in it?

Comment

I like olives, the canned black California type. Gourmet olives are way too salty.
        F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Yup! I don't know much about billtong, but it's probably better quality than the jerky I can typically get from the store here. And you've got it: the less rubbish, the better.
          With Mark's help, I've conquered depression, acne, rosacea, scale obsession, migraines, and lethargy. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

http://www.theladygrok.blogspot.com/

My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread8215.html

Comment

Baconnnnn!!!!!

Comment

aside from what's been mentioned, i also love pickles. and green apples...especially with a good nut butter.
              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Be careful with pickles, they can have MSG in them.
                Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
                (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

Almond butter & carrots; broccoli with a little olive oil.

Comment

Green olives, pickles, pickled peppers, bacon, eggs, salami, dark chocolate. I don't worry about the brines, msg, salts or other non-primal ingredients. They are infrequent snacks and still better for you than crackers, chips, cookies and so on.
                    Last edited by shep68; 10-24-2012, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Almond butter, Kale chips (homemade) and unsweetened coconut.

Comment

Pumpkin seeds have been a lifesaver when I just can't stop that snacky feeling. I also love good chicharones/pork cracklins, which is fried pig skin often times with some fat still on it. I'm not sure if it's primal, but it seems like it should be.

P.S. "Pork cracklins" seems like the most redneck American snack I could think of, I'm not sure if those are available in the UK, but try not to knock them till you try them.

Comment

I always have a tray of deviled eggs in the fridge. Perfect easy snack. Mixed nuts (preferrably a fancy mix without peanuts) or Emerald brand makes almonds awesome. Emerald Cocoa Roasted almonds have saved my sweet tooth many times over.

Comment

Cherry tomatoes. They've become my new candy.
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Plantains or sweet potatoes sliced thin and fried in coconut oil, mmmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

Working...
                              X