No announcement yet.

lean gains and cortisol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why are carbs so important after a workout when you IF?

Comment

carbs are NON ESSENTIAL nutrients.

bit lost too

Comment

The muscles are fueled by glycogen, so it seems backward to eat it after the workout.
        As I understand it the purpose is to replenish the stores in the muscles which may have become depleted after an intense workout? Personally I find the IF eating pattern works well for me as I find it easier to eat healthily with this pattern. If it helps the workouts too then that is a bonus.

I'm also interested in the scientific basis (if any) for BCAAs. I do take them, as they are cheap enough, not sure if they really help though as I am new to weight training and have never done it without them.

Comment

Originally posted by runner_79 View Post
          carbs are NON ESSENTIAL nutrients.

bit lost too
          Here we go...

Comment

Originally posted by runner_79 View Post
            info...lovin this guys, please keep it com,ing because it is helping me understand it.

but how much training and at what level warrants carbs? and at what point will it balance out the hormones, leptin, ghrelin, insulin and cortisol?
            Since your body has the ability to store the carbs as glycogen, I would think it wouldn't matter so much. You won't deplete your stores unless you eat nearly zero carbs or get involved with a lot of activity. If you run out you'll know it when you hit the wall!

Comment

Working...
            X