April Challenge Journal- DiabetesCanKissMyButt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• April Challenge Journal- DiabetesCanKissMyButt

Starting a fresh journal for the April challenge that seems to be floating around. Trying to get in the right mind-set. Probly won't join the other thread though.

I think I will take all my stats- weight, measurements, and fasting blood sugars on April 1. Then I don't plan to weigh again till May 1 but I will post fasting sugars most days. Want to get away from the scale mentality.

My goals for April:

No dairy

No chocolate

No wine

Keep it to meat and veggies as much as possible.

Exercise 6 days a week even if it's just a walk.

Let go of insecurities and inhibitions.

Rock on.

Good luck reaching your goals! I'm happy you're trying to get healthier!

Remember, you are unique just like everybody else.

Comment

Awesome DC! I'm with ya on the exercise, the new treadmill has been awesome to just walk on. No excuse for sitting on my ass anymore

I'm not doing any sort of strict challenge in April, but maybe I'll add in a few goals to my journal, like walking every day and especially every day after dinner. More moving slowly ya know.

Good luck with the no chocolate, I'm not even gonna try that ;P

You are what you eat,
      and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Comment

Is that an emoticon I see up there! Cool! glad you are enjoying your treadmill.

Thanks, beefsister :-)

Comment

DH has decided he is going to do the April challenge with me so that will make this so much easier. He is notorious for buying big costco bags of chips and chips are my nemisis.

I don't think the no chocolate will be a problem....it's the wine I'm worried about!

Comment

That's awesome that your husband is joining in! It will definitely help not having "his" temptations around, and maybe y'all can go for walks together and stuff.
            Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

Good luck! I'm sure you'll do great - especially with the hubs along. It makes it so much easier with an in-house buddy (or competition, as the case may be!).

Comment

Okay I have some stats- measurements that is. Will post weight and blood sugar tomorrow morning.

Height- 5'6.5"
                Waist- 32
                Chest- 37
                Hips- 41
                Right thigh- 21.5
                Left thigh- 21.5
                Right arm- 11.5
                Left arm- 11.5

Medications: metformin, loestrin, and lunesta (don't judge me).
                Supplements: cod liver oil, B complex, Vit D, magnesium

Food today: chocolate/blueberry protein shake, chicken curry salad, pickled eggs, green salad with blue cheese dressing, and meatballs.
                Last edited by DiabetesCanKissMyButt; 03-31-2010, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Ohh... you just reminded me. I should do measurements. I'll do them tomorrow morning, if I get up early enough to not be late for work- lol.

That's so cool hubs is participating with you! You both are going to do great having each other to be accountable to. Yay for hubs being so supportive! You got yourself a good one.

Comment

I just now discovered the advance button to get to the smilies. And you can rate threads! That's so cool.

Weight: 146.5
                    Fasting blood sugar: 94

So I won't be weighing again till May 1. I have thought it over and realize that I use the scale sort of as permission to eat like crap. I'll weigh and then be like oh my weight is really good so now I will go eat a fistfull of chocolate or 5 slices of pizza. So the goal is just to be primal and be ambivalent about weight.

The plan foodwise today: scrambled eggs in butter with mushrooms and salsa, chicken curry salad, meatballs in coconut oil, green salad with tomato and olive oil/vinegar. Almost the same as yesterday.

Exercise today: will walk for 1 hour on my treadmill after work. It's pouring cats and dogs today.

Comment

Mmmmm tomato. Are they good where you are right now? We got a couple but they're still kind of mealy and you can tell they're not really in season yet. Hopefully soon! The ones we planted are growing growing growing and a couple have some yellow flowers on them already! I think maybe in a month we'll have tomatoes.
                      Can't wait! And neither can my husband - it's totally cute how excited he gets when thinking about our garden producing.
                      Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Comment

They aren't bad. Not how I really like them though. Tomatoes are actually my favorite food. Growing up, I used to get a box of tomatoes for my birthday in August from the u-pick fields. Ripe, juicy, tangy, beefsteak tomatoes. Mmmmmm- makes my mouth water just thinking of it. Set me up with a towel and a salt shaker and chow down!

Comment

That sounds so awesome!!! We've planted four tomato plants in our garden - 2 Romas (hoping to make some sauce!), 1 beefsteak, and 1 yellow pear tomato (never had it - thought it would be fun for variety).
                          I looooooooooooooove tomatoes + salt.
                          Can't wait till I can make this again - http://www.joyfulabode.com/2009/08/1...-summer-salad/ ... just got some awesome looking huge cucumbers from our CSA but no good tomatoes yet.

Comment

totally jealous about your garden. I live in a condo so....nuff said. Beefsteak and yellow pear tomato!!!!!! YUM. Lucky!

Yes, that salad of yours is one of my favorites. I actually use cherry tomatoes in it instead of chopping them up. Decreases the mush/runny factor. Thanks for reminding me about it. I'll put the ingredients on my next grocery list.

Comment

oh yeah, I wanted to also mention that I deactivated my facebook account if anyone was wondering where I went. It just wasn't holding my interest.

Comment

Working...
                              X