Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US commercial dairy:

(a) uses rBGH in their cattle
    (b) uses high dose antibiotics to treat the cows, which frequently suffer mastitis among other ailments
    (c) has such a high estrogen content that it approaches that which Dr.'s prescribe post-menopausal women for HRT (taken from Loren Cordain's newest book, The Paleo Answer) - it should be noted that HRT for post-menopausal women is know to be a risk factor for breast cancer and if you make the connection, prostate and testicular cancer for me

Even with just those answers alone, I wouldn't be drinking the stuff.

Milk is for calves, not human beings.

Comment

Originally posted by future grogess View Post
      Whole milk is for baby calfs, and not designed for human consumption
      To add onto this, I've read that the size of the proteins in cow's milk are suitable for a calf to consume and use to grow, but too big for our bodies to actually use. The milk with the proteins closest to the size we can use would be goat's milk.

Also, isn't milk net acidic in our bodies? Meaning instead of helping to build strong bones, it leaches calcium from them?

Comment

Originally posted by Rochxyde View Post
        To add onto this, I've read that the size of the proteins in cow's milk are suitable for a calf to consume and use to grow, but too big for our bodies to actually use. The milk with the proteins closest to the size we can use would be goat's milk.

Also, isn't milk net acidic in our bodies? Meaning instead of helping to build strong bones, it leaches calcium from them?
        Yes, it is acidic.

I don't think the size of the proteins is in question. That may be true, but it would likely be coincidental. I think if we look at it from a common sense perspective, the amount of body mass that a calf puts on when consuming its mothers milk is astonishing. And to think that a human would consume that every day and think it's OK? It can't be.

Comment

Milk works for me, and I'm slowly losing weight doing primal with kefir in my smoothie and a glass of milk with dinner. I buy low temperature pasturized unhomogenized milk from pastured Jersey cows for drinking and raw milk from the same source for making kefir and sometimes cheese. Jerseys are more likely to have the healthier protein than the black and white spotted holsteins and pastured cows give milk much higher in omega 3 than predominantly grain fed cows.

Comment

I am finding out that milk (cow's milk) does not agree with me at all. Cream doesn't seem to bother me.

Milk causes me to have a full head cold within the hour.

Anyone else have experience of this?
            2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

Working...
            X