WAPF the way they eat journals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAPF the way they eat journals

I found the food journals of WAPF very interesting.

How We Eat: Food Journals of the Weston A. Price Foundation Board of Directors - Weston A Price Foundation

Woah, my first reaction is : Men journals list a LOT of calories
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

Originally posted by Daydreamer View Post
      Woah, my first reaction is : Men journals list a LOT of calories
      Heh, my reaction was: WOMEN journals list a LOT of calories!

I guess that's the disadvantage of being a small woman. Unless it's a very special occasion (Thanksgiving... Christmas... not even my birthday) I very rarely go over 1500 calories a day.

Comment

Yeah I agree but... well, you don't know anything about these women body composition, just what they do for their health, not for cosmetics.
        So I think what you're doing is right
        (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

Are you kidding me? One guy eats over 4,000 calories consistently on a daily basis? God damn, I wonder what his activity levels are that allow him to think that is maintainable formanynextended period without packing weight on.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Maybe he's not packing weight on, just maintaining a body composition you CLEARLY don't want to have.
            It's not because he's more healthy with his diet that he doesn't look like the average slightly overweight older person.

Comment

Drumroll, my partner eats 4500 to 6000 calories a day. He works a physical job and is active in his off time, and he is a lean 230 pound man. It is very possible for some people to eat that much.
              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Mary Enig is really into cocoa mix!

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                  Drumroll, my partner eats 4500 to 6000 calories a day. He works a physical job and is active in his off time, and he is a lean 230 pound man. It is very possible for some people to eat that much.
                  I guess it's my curse for being a naturally skinny and short guy. Would that I were a bit larger and could eat like that on a daily basis and not worry... Must be nice.
                  "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Lean 230 pounds guy ? Is he a bodybuilder by any chance ?
                    I think it depends on your notion of what is lean. I mean, 230 lbs is quite heavy, I'm pretty sure your partner looks great but I don't think he's that lean.
                    But, considering the pictures of the WAPF journals, I don't think they can be as active as your partner still...

Comment

Daydreamer, he is generally at 10% fat or less, 6'3", 230 lbs. Yes, he's big, but it's almost entirely muscle.

He was a skinny young guy and then did some serious mass gaining training and a bit of bodybuilding stuff to put on muscle. He works a physical job, lifts in his spare time, and runs. It takes a lot of food just for him to maintain mass.
                      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Ok then, sounds totally plausible.
                        230 at 10 % bf is kinda "very" big by the way, but good job to him if that's the case

For example, it looks like that for a 6'4" dude
                        http://buzzonbroad.typepad.com/.a/6a...4297970b-800wi
                        Last edited by Daydreamer; 10-19-2012, 07:50 AM.

Comment

so little protein
                          “The whole concept of a macronutrient, like that of a calorie, is determining our language game in such a way that the conversation is not making sense." - Dr. Kurt Harris

Comment

Yes, we were in New Delhi during the Commonwealth Games and he was swarmed by kids who thought he was one of the athletes. He is one of those interesting examples of using genetic potential if you see him next to his brothers. The lifetime of athletic pursuits shows in comparison with the other two.

Owly's Journal

Comment

Works for Mary, but not for Cherie from the look of it....
                              My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                              When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Working...
                              X