No announcement yet.

How many carbs a day to NOT trigger thyroid disturbance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiment to find your optimal level, and don't be concerned if you are an outlier!
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

I have a question.
      If you take some natural T3/T4 (like Armoud Thyroid or Erfa Thyroid) should you be worried with the dangers of low carb eating ?
      Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
      (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

I think carbohydrate is just far too much of a focus in general when discussing thyroid health. It really is next to irrelevant. I like Kressers articles and suspect he gets much of it from this guy (which is listed as an "off site" resource) http://www.thyroidbook.com/. I've read it and he outlines 22 patterns for low thyroid function. Guess how many of those patterns are only due to lack of carbohydrate in the diet?

Now, I'm sure there are outliers that can not thrive on low carb. I get it. Eat the carbs then! But the fear and antiscientific reasoning against it really should stop.
        Last edited by Neckhammer; 10-19-2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

^ Agreed. Iodine, magnesium and circadian rhythms are some other important factors.
          F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

My circadian rhythm is pretty much all f*cked up because of my elevated estradiol levels (TRT.)
            I don't have much REM sleep and feel totally unrefreshed even after 15 hours of sleep.

I supplemented in Iodine, I take Magnesium Citrate daily, and got my Urine Iodine Levels tested.
            Everything's fine in this domain.

I started Erfa Thyroid 15 mg this morning so it's yet to be effective
            Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
            (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

I am hypothyroid (Hashi's) and happen to be very carb sensitive. I have eaten low carb for about 5 years (although I regularly have a 'carb' day about every 6-8 weeks). My endo totally approves of my WOE and says that it does not affect the thyroid at all--any more than any other dietary choices.

Comment

Working...
              X