Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fish oil question..

as far a supplements

trying to do paleo track(cant really understand it ) but it say my 6 to 3 ratio is off..says its 7.4:0.6 or something

meals were as followed

2 hard boiled eggs
    5 almonds
    greek salad with 3 oz feta and 8 oz chicken
    avacado

10 oz shell steak with mixed veggies

can i supplemt with fishoil to bring up ratio? my fishoil says epa 1 gram and dha 640 mg

2.8 grams fish oil, vit e 20 iu...per serving

no one can help me with a fish oil question?

Comment

I think it is generally recommended to supplement with fish oil if you are not regularly eating seafood. I take one every day; I try to eat as much seafood as possible, but the good stuff can be a little pricey here in MN...

Comment

I am a newbie here as well but thought I would chime in and say that I take a double dose of fish oil daily to offset the omega 6s3 in my diet. You can use Paleotrack to see which foods have the most omega 6s.

Comment

i use paleo track the best i can , i find it a huge pain to have to put in every little thing and if i dont know the omega6/3 content does me no good, but when i do it always says im in omega danger ....can i off set this by taking fishoil?

Comment

first off, that ratio is not that bad. second, skip the fish oil, and remove some of the O6 if you're worried about it. the almonds - make 'em macadamia. and eat some fish.

Comment

Working...
            X