Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to be primal when you are allergic to everything??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yipes. the tv is wrecking her sleep for sure. she may need a white noise maker instead. when i sleep home, instead of @ the b/f's, i keep a fan running because my neighb is noisy.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Buy lard.

Duck fat.

Render beef tallow.

She's gotta eat protein and she's gotta get her fat in. I eat coconut oil, but animal fats just taste better to me. And they go well with EVERYTHING.

I have a shit ton of food allergies too. Eggs, dairy, kale, turmeric, vanilla. Loads more. Once you clear out all the stuff you can't eat, food planning while rigid, becomes very simple, and very free-ing.
      A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

She has trouble sleeping?

Does she have an iPhone or iPod Touch?

She absolutely NEEDS to download some binaural beats. The folks at Tesla Audio make several awesome and very inexpensive apps. There's plenty for helping with sleep. I swear to you, if I start listening to a 'relaxation' track, my mind immediately switches into CHILL OUT NOW mode, and after about 30 minutes, I feel verrrrry relaxed. Almost like taking a perc.

But better. Obviously.
        A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Originally posted by patski View Post
          Buy lard.

Duck fat.

Render beef tallow.

She's gotta eat protein and she's gotta get her fat in. I eat coconut oil, but animal fats just taste better to me. And they go well with EVERYTHING.

I have a shit ton of food allergies too. Eggs, dairy, kale, turmeric, vanilla. Loads more. Once you clear out all the stuff you can't eat, food planning while rigid, becomes very simple, and very free-ing.
          Do you find your food allergies resolving at all as you continue being Primal? I'm wondering more about the IgG allergies (latent) and not the IgE kind that can cause anaphylaxis. I believe I have food sensitivities but not traditional allergies that people think about when the word is mentioned.
          sigpic
          Age 48
          Start date: 7-5-12
          5'3"
          121lbs
          GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
          Henri Frederic Amiel

Comment

Originally posted by imgliniel View Post
            Umm... thats funny because she has pretty darn bad insomnia problems. Her energy has been up since starting this she does not feel as tired and lethargic but she is not sleeping any better, maybe even worse she says. She sleeps WITH THE TV ON!!!!! and I can't seem to convince her the blue light is what is effing her up. She says the dark freaks her out. But then she will sleep until like 2 in the afternoon some days. I guess when it catches up with her and she can't take it anymore. I have never really dealt with sleep problems so besides trying to get her to turn off the tv or drink chamomile etc before bed I am at a loss.
            I've been downloading meditation podcasts from TheMeditationPodcast.com for free using iTunes and putting them on my ipod to listen to in bed to help me fall asleep. Episode #14 is especially good for falling asleep. They use binaural beats which supposedly helps to stimulate brain waves similar to REM. It's really helped me a lot, since I tend to get anxiety before bedtime.

The Meditation Podcast - Episode Fourteen - Rejuvenating Sleep - Nov '11

Comment

Originally posted by PHaselow View Post
              Do you find your food allergies resolving at all as you continue being Primal? I'm wondering more about the IgG allergies (latent) and not the IgE kind that can cause anaphylaxis. I believe I have food sensitivities but not traditional allergies that people think about when the word is mentioned.
              I should have been more specific. I don't have serious food allergies, but intolerances. Eggs being the worst offenders.

No, being primal hasn't helped my intolerances. Which sucks, because I really miss eggs. I have to buy a lot of meat/seafood and plan like crazy. I basically eat meat for all three meals per day, with seafood mixed in for variety.
              A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Comment

I developed a problem with eggs, but I found that I could eat the yolks with no difficulty.

Comment

Working...
                X