Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I ate 3 apples today= 72 grams of sugar is that bad!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just apples. I doubt that you're eating that much sugar from just 3. That's probably the least harmful binge I've ever heard of.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

An apple is around 100 calories. I don't think you can categorize a 300 calorie anything as a "binge"
      Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Oh, I know that. I just feel the OP is treating it as such.
        F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
          I think it's important to include some logic if you're making an argument and not just leaving a one-liner that provides no real substance. "Because I said so" is an appeal to authority - a logical fallacy. Explain your thought profess, include some data, post some links, etc. I think that's why she quoted my post. Even less productive is non-constructive criticism. Take note.
          Hey, I'm not saying that your post is bad in any way. Just that EVERY response to the OP has had the same general thrust.

And while it's good to back things up when that's called for, sometimes it's just as good to get your point accross concisely. This seems like the best answer to the OP to me.
          Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
          5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
          Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
          TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
          bloodorchid is always right

Comment

On my workout days, I usually will have two meals, both of which have about a pound of sweet potatoes. However, when I feel like doing something different, I will have 4-5 apples and bananas instead. The Honeycrisp apples are so crispy, juicy and delicious. All varieties of apples are really good, but Honeycrisp are the top for me. Not eating sweets, candy or other sugars has made me really appreciate the desserts the earth provides.

Comment

IMO, the thread starter should go to the hospital. That much fructose could lead to diabetic shock.

Obviously kidding. Today is my birthday and my treat was a Caramel Frappuccino. That makes your 3 apples look like a single M&M.

Comment

and in light of this post, I am off to eat a honeycrisp apple I have Tis apple season!!
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Originally posted by john_e_turner_ii View Post
                  On my workout days, I usually will have two meals, both of which have about a pound of sweet potatoes. However, when I feel like doing something different, I will have 4-5 apples and bananas instead. The Honeycrisp apples are so crispy, juicy and delicious. All varieties of apples are really good, but Honeycrisp are the top for me. Not eating sweets, candy or other sugars has made me really appreciate the desserts the earth provides.
                  Have you ever had pink lady apples? They're just as crispy but have a much deeper zip. Pink lady apples are my favorite, honeycrisp probably #2.
                  Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Originally posted by catbreu View Post
                    Many traditional societies would think it folly to eliminate a group of macro-nutrients and I can bet money on them not caring for carb counting.
                    I totally agree with the gist of your post, but I want to point out that eliminating fruit does not eliminate a group of macro-nutrients. You can get all macro nutrients from other foods as well.

To the OP, you might want to look at what else you ate today. Veggies and other food products also contain sugars, so I'm betting the number you are seeing encompasses everything you ate today. If not, then those must have been some gigantic apples.

Comment

Have you ever had pink lady apples? They're just as crispy but have a much deeper zip. Pink lady apples are my favorite, honeycrisp probably #2.
                      FUCK YEAH MATE. You put any amount of pink lady apples in front of me youd better get out of the way. I've also become quite fond of cameo apples.

Sweet Tango apples though had them for the first time last fall, they are simply AMAZING.

Comment

Honey Crisp trump pink lady

And granny smith trump all apples :P

Originally posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
                        FUCK YEAH MATE. You put any amount of pink lady apples in front of me youd better get out of the way. I've also become quite fond of cameo apples.

Sweet Tango apples though had them for the first time last fall, they are simply AMAZING.
                        I tried these for the first time this fall and I agree, they are delicious.

Comment

Well since this seems to have turned into an apple variety thread....if you ever get the chance to try "Search No Furthers" you will literally search no further....best apple I've ever eaten (might also be because I ate if right off the tree, lol)

Comment

You need to go get your stomach pumped IMMEDIATELY!

3 apples?!?! wtf were you thinking?????

Comment

jk

Comment

Will definitely look out for these.

Comment

Working...
                                X