• need a meal plan to gain muscle

Hi

this is my daily amounts of: cal/carb/protein/fat

cal: 2908.86
    carb: 399.97
    protein: 109.08
    fat: 96.95

goal: gain muscle
    Activity level: x3 times a week lift weight - x3 times a week sprinting - everyday swimming 30min - x1 time a week hiking a mountain - one day rest

Can anyone create a meal plan for me? i would be very grateful

You need to give more info about where your muscular physic is, how much time you're spending lifting, how much you are sprinting, how long you hike.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott F View Post
      where your muscular physic is
      Ectomorph

how much time you're spending lifting
      30 min

how much you are sprinting
      5 min

how long you hike
      5 - 10 min

Comment

You're carbs are pretty high for only 100g of protein: I did this for 3 months and it worked just fine, can be a tad expensive thought, look for sales, if you can't do four meals do three, and use whole milk.

Breakfast: 6 eggs, a little bacon or sausage, cheese of choice, apple w/ almond butter, 2 glasses of milk

Lunch: 2 chicken breasts, cup of rice, cup of veggies, 2 glasses of milk

Lunch 2: repeat lunch 1

post workout: 2 glasses of milk, 30 grams of protein powder

Dinner: Steak, rice, veggies, 2 glasses of milk

Comment

That's a lot of carbs and too little proteins and fats if you're trying to gain IMO. How tall are you and how much do you weigh? If you're not trying to lose weight then I guess the carb intake is ok but you definitely need to increase the protein and fats, particularly right after lifting.
          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

lift heavy, eat more protein, stop doing cardio every day

Comment

Why does he need to eat breakfast everyday? Plenty of ripped guys over at Leangains and they do not eat breakfast.

i would stop the cardio as rug says. Not really adding much to your goals.
              2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

Meat and potatoes, dude! Old school, but effective. White rice would also be OK and would make it easier to get in 400g carbs. I agree with the previous posts that you'd probably do better with more protein and slightly less carbs.

I am also an ectomorph and it took me a few years of heavy lifting and even heavier eating to build about 15 pounds of muscle. Consistency is the key.... and stuffing your face. After you've maintained your new weight for a while, it should be easier to keep it on and should not be a daily stuggle to eat enough. At least that's been my experience.

Try using a tracking tool like Cronometer or daily plate to get an idea of what you need to eat to hit your target. Here's an example of a day of my eating from like a year ago when I was really trying to gain some weight:

Calorie Goal: 2,861 Calories Consumed: 2,527

Food Item
                Servings Cals Fat Cholest Sodium Carbs Sugars Fiber Protein

Boiled Potatoes, Flesh Only
                13.44 484 1g 0mg 0mg 114g 0g 0g 12g
                Whole Eye Of Round Beef
                6.70 958 27g 395mg 355mg 0g 0g 0g 168g
                Banana, medium
                1.00 105 0g 0mg 1mg 27g 14g 3g 1g
                Rice, White
                0.55 113 0g 0mg 1mg 24g 0g 0g 2g
                Sugar*
                0.42 6 0g 0mg 0mg 2g 2g 0g 0g
                Chex Rice Chex
                0.56 56 0g 0mg 134mg 13g 1g 1g 1g
                Body Fortress 100% Premium Whey Protein Powder Vanilla
                0.83 91 1g 29mg 46mg 1g 1g 0g 19g
                Sriracha
                2.00 10 0g 0mg 200mg 2g 2g 0g 0g
                Milk 2%
                0.44 54 2g 9mg 51mg 5g 5g 0g 4g
                Kings Kimchi
                1.00 15 0g 0mg 240mg 2g 0g 0g 1g
                Beef Broth
                1.00 20 0g 0mg 180mg 2g 0g 0g 3g
                Deer Sausage
                1.00 200 8g 91mg 73mg 0g 0g 0g 25g
                Fried Eggs
                1.50 138 11g 315mg 141mg 1g 1g 0g 9g
                Sliced Bacon
                0.50 52 4g 8mg 145mg 0g 0g 0g 3g
                Kroger 2% Cottage Cheese
                1.00 90 2g 0mg 0mg 5g 0g 0g 12g
                Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
                1.00 10 1g 0mg 0mg 3g 0g 2g 1g
                Now Shredded Unsweetened Coconut
                1.00 90 9g 0mg 5mg 4g 0g 2g 0g
                Kroger Half And Half
                1.00 35 3g 10mg 15mg 1g 1g 0g 0g

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                  lift heavy, eat more protein, stop doing cardio every day
                  Yeah, this. If you are an extomorph and wanting to gain cut back on cardio. Getting enough rest is just as important as diet and stimulating muscle development
                  Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

thanks guys for help :

i used this calculator
                    How to Build Muscle Fast: Muscle Building Tips to Build Muscle Fast

my height: 5'9
                    weight: 136.4 lbs

i would drop the sprinting for x2 times a week and drop the hiking.

if i randomly eating 6 healthy meals without calculator! should be fine? so the diet will look like this:

meal 1: 4 eggs (3 white only & 1 whole) + oatmeal with milk, honey and banana
                    meal 2: salad tuna sandwich
                    meal 3: chicken breast + white rice + peas
                    meal 4: same meal 3
                    meal 5: 1 apple + 1 banana + 1/2 lemon + 1 pear + 3-4 stalks celery + 1/2 head spinach + 1 head romaine 1.5 c water and drink it
                    meal 6: cottage cheese + peanut butter + black olive

plus whey protein after workout and drink at least 2 liters of water.
                    opinions?

Comment

how old are you? and what does your lifting routine look like?

Comment

Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                        how old are you? and what does your lifting routine look like?
                        21 years old.

x3 times a week lift weight for 30 min + x2 times a week tabata (sprinting) for 5 min + swimming everyday for 30 min + stretching exercises everyday for 5 min

Comment

Originally posted by Odzo View Post
                          21 years old.

x3 times a week lift weight for 30 min + x2 times a week tabata (sprinting) for 5 min + swimming everyday for 30 min + stretching exercises everyday for 5 min
                          Let me rephrase for him... WHAT DOES YOUR LIFTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
                          this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

Comment

Originally posted by bdilla View Post
                            Let me rephrase for him... WHAT DOES YOUR LIFTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
                            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Odzo View Post
                              thanks guys for help :
                              meal 1: 4 eggs (3 white only & 1 whole) + oatmeal with milk, honey and banana
                              Why are you getting rid of the yolks? You know that's the most nutritious part of the egg, right? Also, you want more calories, so it doesn't make sense. Dietary cholesterol, in general, does not raise serum cholesterol levels, so that should not concern you either.

Also, oatmeal is not recommended. It is often cross-contaminated with gluten in addition to having some nasty gut-rending proteins of its own. Try some cold sweet potatoes or something instead.

You might want to read some of this too: Welcome to Mark’s Daily Apple | Mark's Daily Apple

Comment

Working...
                              X