Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need a drink - any options for us very carb sensitive types?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vodka and tequila are the lowest carb booze. To stay gluten free, but throw caution to the wind with carbs, go for a cider!
    Happy Wifey and NEW MOM!
    Pre-preg weight: 130
    Current: 145 (eek!)
    Goal: ??? <-- whatever it takes to get rid of this tire!
    Started Primal in May '12.
    My Blog
    Join the Revolution!

Comment

As a big NorCal margarita fan I have to echo what others have said about sweetening it. You almost have to add a little something sweet to it. Then it's perfecto.
      “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Philosopher Dan View Post

Next comes whiskeys aged in barrels. A good single-malt scotch would do the trick (Oban is my favorite - but it's pricey-ish!). I recommend 1 regular-sized ice-cube per ounce of liquid.

Not a fan of Oban. I am drinking Glenlivet 18 right now which i enjoy. I like Glenfidich 12 but not 18. I ve drank mostly speysides, gonna branch out soon.

Comment

I like tequila on ice with lime juice and a splash of club soda. But mostly I stick to red wine. I do love good beer though and just drink it if that's what I want.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingofturtles View Post
            Not a fan of Oban. I am drinking Glenlivet 18 right now which i enjoy. I like Glenfidich 12 but not 18. I ve drank mostly speysides, gonna branch out soon.
            I found the Glenfidich too smooth for my liking - so I am currently working my way through a Talisker 12 Year Old, from the Isle of Skye it is a really peatie whiskey that leaves a taste in your mouth that lets you know you have drunk whiskey. I even bougth my bottle from the Isle of Skye when I was there last!

But really - any single Malt scotch whiskey is fine with me! That is my primal drink of choice - apart from Mezcal Tequila!

Ross...
            Starting Weight (11 August 2012) - 117.8 kgs (259lbs)
            Current Weight - 94.4kgs (207lbs) (as at 14/01/2013) -23.4kgs (51lbs) lost to date.
            Goal Weight - 90kgs (198lbs)

"Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but doesn't get you anywhere" - Van Wilder

Comment

Working...
            X