Calorie/Fat Bomb Ideas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calorie/Fat Bomb Ideas

The BF and I are on the whole 30, and therefore no dairy/fruit. He used to have a protein shake everyday with coconut oil, whey protein, bananas and milk. Now he isn't have that he's finding it really difficult to make up the calories without dairy and fruit.

Any ideas to make his shake better with only water? (He's not a big coconut milk fan)

Any high cal/high fat foods to recommend (he already goes through plenty of eggs/sweet potatoes). Avocados are great, but $$$!

He's an eating machine!
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Hmmm...

Try this:

Two cups (16 oz) of brewed black tea (think a nice chocolatey one)
    Eight ounces unsweetened coconut milk
    Two or three tablespoons coconut oil
    Optional: One tablespoon almond butter
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Tea ey? Sounds like one I'd like to try
      The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Comment

If you're a tea geek, good tea recommendations are any Keemun black tea, Yunnan Gold Tips, and the best one of all, Golden Monkey.

Just brew the tea up hot with water and then add the other ingredients. If you add the optional almond butter then make sure you whisk it up or blend it so the butter doesn't clump up.
        "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Why not fruit? Those aren't disallowed on a standard Whole30.
          Depression Lies

Comment

Maybe try something Fall/ Autumn comfort foodish:
            Spiced tea
            pumpkin puree
            cinnamon
            nutmeg
            coconut manna
            pumkin seeds
            and something leafy like spinach or kale.
            F/37yr/5' 5"
            SW: 154 March 2011
            CW: 140 July to Oct 2011
            PB: 145 gained 5lbs in first 4 months March to July 2012
            With a combo of PB and IF-ing 5 days a week (1 x 1200 calorie meal per day) I have lost 15 lbs PB/IF = 130 lbs July 2012 to current
            GW: 120
            Ultimate Goals ar to be: Happy/ Fit/ Energetic/ Feel great/ Balanced/ cure my thyroid and adrenals

Comment

Hmm. This is difficult with no dairy NOR coconut milk.

Maybe pumpkin puree, eggs, and...almond milk (or just almonds/nuts)? ghee? some type of fat source at any rate.

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                Hmm. This is difficult with no dairy NOR coconut milk.

Maybe pumpkin puree, eggs, and...almond milk (or just almonds/nuts)? ghee? some type of fat source at any rate.
                I don't recall that she said anything about "no coconut milk," and I included it in my suggestion, which she seemed to like the idea of trying. So, I'd bet it's a go.

Comment

I add MCT oil into my shakes everyday.
                  Started Primal November 20, 2011
                  Slipped from Christmas-New Years
                  January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
                  Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Comment

Use water instead or canned coconut milk.
                    Health is Wealth!

Comment

Originally posted by Goosejuggler View Post
                      The BF and I are on the whole 30...
                      Any ideas to make his shake better with only water? (He's not a big coconut milk fan)
                      I thought she was just asking for ideas of what to use for her boyfriend:
                      Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                      I don't recall that she said anything about "no coconut milk," and I included it in my suggestion, which she seemed to like the idea of trying. So, I'd bet it's a go.

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                        I thought she was just asking for ideas of what to use for her boyfriend:
                        I guess I missed the "not a big fan of coconut milk" part. Hmmm... My suggestion still work, though. Just up coconut oil a little and DO include the almond butter for sure.

Comment

Working...
                        X