Fasting Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fasting Question

If my daily calorie needs are 2,000 and I skip breakfast and lunch and just have my evening meal is the idea to catch up on calories in that one sitting?
    One time http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum.php

That depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to lose weight, I would cut back a little. If it's just for health reasons, eat until satisfied.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Comment

^^^ That.

Plus, (I don't have it handy but maybe someone does) there was an article that said something about how you can "lose" up to 14% of the meal's calories when you eat hearty after a fast.

Anyone know what/where the article was?

Comment

Fasting is a fine method for controlling daily calorie intake, just make sure that meal is still healthy with a good amount of veggies. Pigging out at one meal can cause gastric distress, so if you don't get enough fiber, it's a good way to clog yourself up...

Check out Leangains and Eat Stop Eat if you're interested in specific fasting protocols!
        My Journal
        Fat Kid Turned Personal Trainer, Nutrition + Lifestyle Coach
        http://www.kentmccannfitness.com to contact me!
        Also on Twitter, FB, and Fitocracy!

Comment

Start by eating until you're satisfied. If you are losing or putting on more weight than your goals merit, then add or drop calories a bit as necessary.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

I found that my hands were getting cold in the hours leading up to dinner, so now I deliberately have cream (and dessert) with dinner for an extra jolt of calories.
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I would cut back a little

Comment

Remember that calories are best counted as averaged over a week or two, so if you're a little low, but satisfied, then you should be fine. It's easy to go over a different day if you feel you need to.

Comment

Originally posted by tradawg View Post
                  That depends on what your goals are. If you're trying to lose weight, I would cut back a little. If it's just for health reasons, eat until satisfied.
                  For the most part I'm trying to gain weight, but I don't believe being in a constant surplus to be particularly healthy so thought I'd inject aome fasting evey now and then. Would this mean I should try catch up on calories if I did the fast?
                  One time http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum.php

Comment

Working...
                  X