Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I usually look down on Vegan and plant-based diets...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know how *anyone* (and that includes paleo folks) manage to choke down protein powders. That stuff is just nasty.

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
      I don't know how *anyone* (and that includes paleo folks) manage to choke down protein powders. That stuff is just nasty.
      coconut milk, berries, and a "good" protein powder is awesome.....there is as much difference in quality of protein powders as there is meats.

Comment

Originally posted by BestBetter View Post
        My friend's brother has huge muscles and a raging six pack and I don't think he's ever lifted weights. EVER. And he's known to scarf down whatever he wants and drinks a ton of beer.

Someone with good genetics can pretty much eat any crap they want and look good for it. Doesn't mean the behind the scenes stuff is in good shape.
        Umm... I think this might answer your question:

...or this:
        Last edited by amazingjay; 10-13-2012, 07:41 PM. Reason: enlightenment
        Expecto Patronum!!!

Comment

Can you imagine how much stronger he'd be if he ate a little real protein?
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I don't look down on people who eat vegan/vegetarian diets. I used to be one of them! . BUT when I hear someone say they're eating vegetarian or vegan for their health... I sort of want to do a facepalm... even when I WAS vegetarian, if I read or heard someone say they wanted to be veg for their health, I'd tell them they're probably better off eating meat. To me, the only reason to be veg*n is because you don't wanna eat animals.

Comment

If one works out, eats a good amount of calories, and avoid processed foods, one will generally be in excellent health. There's nothing that says a person has to be paleo to be healthy. It's just one of many different lifestyles.
              F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by amazingjay View Post
                Umm... I think this might answer your question.
                What question?

Comment

Originally posted by BestBetter View Post
                  What question?
                  Not really an answer to a question per se, but more of a rebuttal to your post.
                  Expecto Patronum!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                    Yeah, sufficient protein and calories with complex exercises. Nothing of note really. I agree with one of his favorite quotes though:

“Reject the anthropocentric falsehood that maintains the oppressive hierarchy of mankind over the animals. It’s time to set them free.” — Earth Crisis

Free range is delicious .
                    If we went back to hunter gatherer living then at least 3/4 of the population would die in a month. Yeah, the human race is sooo far above animals (sarcasm).
                    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Working...
                    X