No announcement yet.

Disappointed in Mark's Take on Zone Diet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, and the glycemic index is like a 10-years ago thing. science marches on, ya know?
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Actually, the Zone diet should get credit with kicking off the low-carb craze and making people more aware of the dangers of grains. Mark simply capitalized on a growing awareness that started ten years earlier. The Zone diet clearly states that we are not genetically programmed to eat grains, and was the FIRST mainstream book to say this.

Comment

Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
        Actually, the Zone diet should get credit with kicking off the low-carb craze and making people more aware of the dangers of grains. Mark simply capitalized on a growing awareness that started ten years earlier. The Zone diet clearly states that we are not genetically programmed to eat grains, and was the FIRST mainstream book to say this.
        Maybe you should do some reading.
        Low-carbohydrate diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

Comment

Non athletes only need 10-20% carbs to not be in a ketogenic state. So 30% is much higher. Also the types of foods allowed as carbs are not good for you.

Excuse me for my bad typos,
          Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Working...
          X