I've posted about this before but it's true

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've posted about this before but it's true

I did a little experiment to see if quality of calories really do matter as Taubes states. I thought I would do a little "cleanse" for the past week, eating apples, raw carrots, some almond butter, raw salads, and have been eating wheat (don't get upset!) in the form of Rye Krisps. I plugged in my daily intake for the past few days just to see how much I have been eating and it totalled about 1100 calories both days. I feel though that I have gained weight, have not stepped on the scale but I can tell.

Even though calorie intake is low, I am eating ONLY carbs and little fat, which just goes that Taubes might really be right after all! It has taken me a while to get in this mindset but now experimenting on myself shows this to be true. Other people have experiences with this? It comes down to insulin spikes correct?

I think it comes down to water retention.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I second water retention! "Cheating" totally inflates me. Plus the actual added mass of the food in your bowels.
      My Primal Journal:
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65788.html

16 years old
      5'5"
      SW: 170
      CW: 162
      GW: 140

Primal since 8/12/12.

Comment

Water retention or not, weight is weigh.
        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
        PS
        Don't forget to play!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
          Water retention or not, weight is weigh.
          What is this? I can shed 3 pounds of water weight through an hour or 2 of intense cardio. I can't lose 3 pounds of fat the same session. Weight is not weight.
          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
            What is this? I can shed 3 pounds of water weight through an hour or 2 of intense cardio. I can't lose 3 pounds of fat the same session. Weight is not weight.
            Second that
            http://meatsleeprepeat.com/
            http://ternioncrossfit.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MeatSleepRepeat View Post
              Second that
              I think he means 3lbs is 3lbs now how long it takes to get rid of that 3lbs is a different story

Comment

You don't seem to understand.
                You don't want to loose WEIGHT you want to loose FAT because what mostly disturbs you in your appearance is a surplus of fat mass.
                So no, weight is not weight, it's all about body composition.
                Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
                (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

Working...
                X