Should I worry about my TC?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KathyH View Post
    I am not on statins. He says that there is a lower risk of heart disease in older people. I don't fall into that category.
    This whole article questions statins, which doesn't apply to me.
    Thanks for the link though.
    You missed the whole point of why I posted it. Number two of his three reasons to drop statins is that a higher cholesterol can be PROTECTIVE. That seems to me, an overall argument not to worry about TC. This argument applies to statins because they lower cholesterol, but it applies more generally across the board as well. Learn to look behind the lines a little bit.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by KathyH View Post
      THis one doesn't open
      Are you sure? I just clicked the link and it opened PERFECTLY for me. Try a different browser maybe? Or copy and paste the link?
      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
        Are you sure? I just clicked the link and it opened PERFECTLY for me. Try a different browser maybe? Or copy and paste the link?
        OK, got it to open just now. They do not state what they regard as high cholesterol. It would be nice to know at least from their perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
          You missed the whole point of why I posted it. Number two of his three reasons to drop statins is that a higher cholesterol can be PROTECTIVE. That seems to me, an overall argument not to worry about TC. This argument applies to statins because they lower cholesterol, but it applies more generally across the board as well. Learn to look behind the lines a little bit.
          That's what the blogger's summary states but when you go back and read the actual studies he/she quotes it is not as black and white as he/she claims.

Comment

Working...
          X