Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do YOU celebrate the achievement of your weight loss goal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do YOU celebrate the achievement of your weight loss goal?

Hello, everyone. I'm interested in meaningful ways that you celebrate your weight loss milestones or even, your actual weigh loss goal. What happens when we step onto that scale, and magically the dial points to or lower than the number you have imagined yourself reaching?

And secondly, once you reach that milestone or final goal, what's next? What is your next goal and how do you determine what that next goal is?

I'm asking these questions because I'm 2lbs shy of my final goal and suddenly I feel like the deer in headlights -- what now? And how should I celebrate the past 3-1/4 months of working hard to arrive at this 'magical number'. What does it all mean? Am I happier here than I was 16lbs ago?

I'm interested in hearing from each of you and understanding how arriving at our goals really affect our emotional and spiritual happiness.

Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

I don't do anything myself, but I recall reading about a guy over on the NerdFitness site that would buy clothes a few sizes smaller than he was, so when he lost the inches, he could wear them.

I think this was the one here.

Comment

It's just a number.
      Sandra
      *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

I eat a big piece of cake and wash it down with chocolate milk....

Nah, just kidding
        I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
        My Journal

Comment

I don't celebrate it at all.

My reasoning:

Because by not making a big deal of it, I won't be tempted to have a big cheat and throw things off and I will keep as best I can, on the straight and narrow.
          "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

I follow this lifestyle for health. There is no target per se, so nothing to celebrate. Of course there is the fantastic food and wonderful energetic feeling. It's like a celebration everyday
            Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

I buy something..usually clothes or shoes. It makes me feel even better knowing I have the body AND the style lol! Plus, it's better than rewarding with food....we are humans not dogs.

Comment

I don't do goals, but I do like my body more now and feel better about it (especially when I drop a size)

Comment

Thanks for your ideas, everyone!
                  ----------------------------------------
                  F, 48, 5'10"
                  Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
                  Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Comment

I read about a woman who would buy herself a beautiful bouquet of flowers to keep in a vase in her house as a reward for reaching any goal.

Not saying you ought to get flowers, but just suggesting that it could be anything that 'does it' for you.

Comment

I make a new goal for myself.
                      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

Originally posted by TCates190 View Post
                        I buy something..usually clothes or shoes. It makes me feel even better knowing I have the body AND the style lol! Plus, it's better than rewarding with food....we are humans not dogs.
                        Style on obese clothes is limited to witty sayings about being fat, seasons greetings, and solid colors. There is quite a limit to it.

Comment

I bought myself a 24KG kettlebell because that is how much weight I lost.

I use it to swing around of course but I pick it up every now and then just to remind me how much weight I used to carry around.

Well done
                          2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

Originally posted by AdamC29 View Post
                            I bought myself a 24KG kettlebell because that is how much weight I lost.

I use it to swing around of course but I pick it up every now and then just to remind me how much weight I used to carry around.

Well done
                            That is a wonderful idea! I have a 15 pound kettlebell myself, and that is actually how much weight I lost since March. I never thought about it that way before. That thing is heavy!
                            F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I buy a piece of clothing (or 6) that fit. Incentive not to slide back.

But please temper that with the fact that I am a big time fashion junkie and spent 30 years of my life wearing the clothes of which Euphoric speaks. So when I hit size 12, I went a little nuts.

But yeah, a non-food treat is great. BTW, I used to celebrate with food. Now I just don't because I don't have any foods I miss.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                              Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Working...
                              X