Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do YOU celebrate the achievement of your weight loss goal?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will do something I am sure, but not sure what.

I have to buy clothes once in awhile, not so much as a reward but a necessity cuz nothing fits, which is a reward But I am not sure how I will know when I get there because I don't have a goal weight. It is more of a look or body composition I am going for, although I do have a number in mind that I am sort of shooting for. I kind of have two in mind. Just have to see what I look like when I get there.

But as far as rewards..... hmmmm I always thought a new bikini. However I reckon I will be strutting my stuff in one before I am officially at goal though ha
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by AdamC29 View Post
      I bought myself a 24KG kettlebell because that is how much weight I lost.

I use it to swing around of course but I pick it up every now and then just to remind me how much weight I used to carry around.

Well done
      Great idea.... You know, I have not picked up my 120 lbs, need to do that.....
      I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
      My Journal

Comment

Your a true inspiration TorMag and you have the best Signature on MDA

Can you even buy 120lbs Kettlebells?!
        2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

Yal I think those are awesome ideas. I have to haul around 50lb grain bags now and then, and I hadnt realized until reading this, this morning, that I was carrying around that much extra weight. I have lost one, and need to lose another grain bag and I cannot imagine having to just carry that around all day. Not just from point A to point B, but all.day.long.

Thanks for those visuals

WTG on everyone's successes!!
          65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Clothes. Specifically denim skirts. I love them. Leather jackets. Sweep the good second hand store for deals because the only thing I like better than being thin is a great deal on quality clothes.

And this time, I made a good after plan. The OP is smart to ask, "What next?" I never did before this time and I think it's what contributed to my up and down weight all these years. Congrats on attaining your goal!
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by Euphoric View Post
              I don't do anything myself, but I recall reading about a guy over on the NerdFitness site that would buy clothes a few sizes smaller than he was, so when he lost the inches, he could wear them.

I think this was the one here.
              this is what I do. and always shed a tear of happiness when I can fit into the clothes. Today I fit into a size 4 shirt and a week ago I was able to get to a size 6 pants and have been rocking all my new size 6 pant suits. I started primal on a size 10 pant size so yes, it might be "just a number" but I be damned if I don't celebrate it! . The day I comfitably fit into a size 2 top and a size 4 pants....umma buy all yall some cyber coffee! lol

Comment

I said, hey just made 173...and then had sex with my wife.
                So, pretty much a normal day.

Comment

Perfectly okay to celebrate, as long as the festivities don't include downing a pizza. I've been really good about staying close to my chosen path for the last 10 months, and I reward myself for doing so, just not with food. treatment for male impotence
                  Last edited by gusAs; 10-20-2012, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Aside from buying news clothes, I buy things that will continue to help me support my paleo lifestyle -- a subscription to Paleo Magazine, a new kitchen tool (glass containers, stainless steel pot or pan, kitchen sheers), a new cookbook, etc. Or, I treat myself to a pedicure, massage or a new flavor of tea.

Comment

It will take me a lot longer than 3 or 4 months to reach my goal, so I have time to think about it. I have lost 25 lbs so far, but have many more to go! I think I will go out and treat myself to a cute outfit, new hair style, or something like that. So far, losing the weight and feeling better has been enough in itself... no official celebration required.

Comment

My first goal was to get back into 38 pants, which I am in. As my 40 pants started becoming loose, I reevaluated my goal to be strength related (unassiated pullup). To celebrate, I cooked a nice think porterhouse, finished it with Kerrygold and bought a nice, lightly used Mystery Ranch Crew Cab with the correct size belt and harness on it.
                        Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
                        SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
                        CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Comment

Originally posted by TorMag View Post
                          Great idea.... You know, I have not picked up my 120 lbs, need to do that.....
                          Holy crap, sir. You lost the equivalent of me when I started.
                          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

By working twice as hard to keep it from slipping away. The hard reality for me is that the achievements do not stick unless I fight tooth and nail and claw back at every ounce of fat climbing back on. It's like being a fly caught in a spider web. Fat always sticks to me, I am never free of its reach.
                            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I didn't really have a goal. I was pretty sure it wouldn't work for me. But it did. I don't know if I've reached my goal because I'm not sure what my goal should be. I mean, I look pretty decent. My clothing size is pretty small. I'm healthy, I'm active. I would like to be smaller, for sure, so I guess I haven't reached a weight I'm 100% satisfied with, but on some level I am satisfied. About the only real goal I can name is that I would like to run this 50 mile ultramarathon we have locally, maybe next year, if I can get in. To be able to run that would be the ultimate prize to me. Otherwise, I celebrate usually by buying a few new clothes.
                              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I bought myself a stylish watch. I look at it several times every day and it reminds me of how far I have come and keeps me honest when I have the urge to sit on my ass, not work out or eat something I should not.

Comment

Working...
                                X