Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best commercial Potato/Tortilla chip substitue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best commercial Potato/Tortilla chip substitue?

Curious what commercially available substitues people are using for potato chips or tortilla chips?

i sometimes go for pork rinds. they're pretty good, and make a pretty good replacement for nachos.

if you're not carb-phobic, fried plantains are pretty tasty, and a handful of unsweetened banana chips are great for a tasty, crunchy snack.
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

I don't have a problem with potatoes, so I buy these amazing potato chips I found that are cooked in avocado oil. Super yum.

You can also find commercial sweet potato or other root vegetable chips, but they're often cooked in canola oil or other vegetable oils.
      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Thick cut slices of cheese or meat.
        Female, age 51, 5' 9"
        SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
        2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

If you can afford it, dehydrated kale chips.
          My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Beef jerky?

@Owly which chips if I may ask?
            Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
            PS
            Don't forget to play!

Comment

The brand is called Good Health, and I get them at the south side Planet Organic. They make avocado and olive oil varieties, so make sure you grab the right kind.
              “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                If you can afford it, dehydrated kale chips.
                Those are great. I still need to try making my own sometime...
                "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                  Those are great. I still need to try making my own sometime...
                  So worth it. A tiny package is like $7 when you can make twice the amount for $2 including energy costs and 15 minutes of baking time.

Comment

Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                    So worth it. A tiny package is like $7 when you can make twice the amount for $2 including energy costs and 15 minutes of baking time.
                    Indeed. 'Tis why I need ta learn da magics.
                    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Originally posted by Drumroll View Post
                      Indeed. 'Tis why I need ta learn da magics.
                      ;D lazybones.

Comment

Not lazy, just...

Ok, lazy.

Comment

Most commercial growers of potatoes don't chit them before planting, so why is it common practice on the vegetable plot? The process of chitting is when you take a seed potato and put it in a sunny spot to grow shoots.

Comment

I sometimes eat Korean seaweed. Not the type used to make rolls (Japanese) but the type that uses sesame oil so it is crispy. Trader Joes has a good wasabi flavored one. They are thin and crispy and give a similar sensation to munching on potato chips.

Comment

In the 'Asian' section of my supermarket there are baked rice chips - I get the unflavored kind, the only ingredient is rice, so no crap omega 6 oils or corn. They're pretty bland on their own, but they're adequate if you're looking to use them to dip into guacamole or salsa.

Comment

Working...
                              X