Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best commercial Potato/Tortilla chip substitue?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potato chips are just a dip delivery device. So I skip the device and use a spoon or a piece of lettuce.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

I just got a mandoline slicer and plan to make zucchini chips. Mmm. We used to cheat occasionally and buy Food Should Taste Good's sweet potato chips, but they're fried in high oleic sunflower oil. I just googled it and Mark says high-oleic sunflower oil is ok in moderation though, so maybe they weren't such a cheat after all.

Comment

I've made kale chips, which are adequate. Honestly? Sometimes, when I really want it, I slice up a potato VERY thin and fry it in bacon grease or duck fat. XD DELICIOUS.
        Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

None. Homemade. Try sliced eggplant in a food dehydrator. Effortless and works well.
          Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

I sometimes buy Grandma Utz potato chips - they're cooked in lard. Probably not great, but they do. Also, buy pork rinds.

Comment

i've eaten these before: Avocado Oil Potato Chips | Good Health

still wouldn't make it a habit. make your own!

Comment

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
                None. Homemade. Try sliced eggplant in a food dehydrator. Effortless and works well.
                Hi ChocoTaco369. That sounds great. Do you do anything to the eggplant or just slice & dehydrate? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by siouxelephant View Post
                  Hi ChocoTaco369. That sounds great. Do you do anything to the eggplant or just slice & dehydrate? Thanks
                  I lightly salted and peppered it just for some flavor, that's it. It took something like 16-20 hours on really low, though. It's definitely not a quick process.
                  Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Comment

Turbana Plantain chips lightly salted:

TURBANA

just plantains, palm oil and salt

i really like the sweet flavor also which is plantains, palm oil, and sugar as i dont have a problem with small amounts of sugar.

also its ridiculously easy to make sweet potato chips in the microwave and no oil is required. just slice a sweet potato thin into chips and place on a glass plate. depending on the amount of chips you put in at a time the cooking time might vary but i usually do 5 mins and 15 seconds flipping them over at about 2 mins left. they will softish when done but will harden into crunch chips as they cool.

Comment

I make my own potato chips. BBQ was my favorite, now I use a blend of paprika, sea salt, and curry powder + tossed in olive oil. Delish!
                      yay!

Comment

Working...
                      X