How much do your kids eat in a day?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do your kids eat in a day?

I was wondering if parents of kids in the age range of 9-14 would tell me the amount of food your kids typically eat each day.

I'm 15, male. I eat 4000-5000 calories a day. If it gets expensive: milk and rice
    well then

Comment

Oh boy. I remember being that age. I was a bottomless pit. Calorie tracking was the last thing on my mind though.
      F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

For me it isn't.. I'll lose weight if I don't
        well then

Comment

Haha. I was a skinny 80 pound girl up until i hit my late teens so there's a difference there.
          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

My guy is 4 and eats about 2000-2500 calories per day.

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
              Haha. I was a skinny 80 pound girl up until i hit my late teens so there's a difference there.
              You were a cute little asian girl? Why can't you be my age right now
              well then

Comment

I'm planning on calculating what my son eats on average as soon as I have the time to mess around with it. One thing I have noticed though the more carbs they get the more their hungry shoots waaaay up, and the less the get (eating more primal) their appetie goes waaaay down. Now I'm sure thats a blend of (1) them not enjoying it as much and therefore cravings are not there and (2) the fact that there sugar levels have stabled out.

Its hard getting kids to eat right roght when 95% of the populations is eating junk. You cant rally blame the kid.
                One time http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum.php

Comment

no idea but i ate like a horse and never gained a lb of weight. i think i weighed 45kgs and 174cm tall at 16. i was 50kg at 21, and women used to whisper my now husband while he sat at the bar i worked at (they didnt know he was my bf) that i was anorexic and he needed to buy me potato chips....if i had to guess, i would say i was eating approximately 3500 calories a day mostly garbage junk.
                  my oh my how things change as you get older!

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalPumpkin View Post
                    I was wondering if parents of kids in the age range of 9-14 would tell me the amount of food your kids typically eat each day.
                    OK, my daughter is 12 and just a bit small for her age. She eats:

B: rice bubbles and yoghurt (I mix it 50:50 Greek:sweetened so it is less sweet but not so tart that she won't eat it).
                    L: ham sandwich, apple, handful of nuts/grapes, slice of something such as cake or one of my truffle balls if I'm prepared.
                    S: whatever she can lay her hands on, such as apple, maybe a muffin she made at school, a homemade smoothie or icecream again if I have it ready.
                    D: meat and veges - a plateful almost the same size as mine.

Sometimes she'll have dinner leftovers for breakfast and seems to prefer them to her regular so i just need to be a bit more proactive here. She'll eat bacon and eggs or primal waffles if I make them. If there's cream around she'll find it and eat it.

Other people are forever plying her with cake, lollies and fizzy drink and she eats it. But not to excess, she doesn't really have that much of a sweet tooth and does like the taste of real food. If given whole packets of stuff (amazing how often this happens) or making a batch of something at school, we put it in a lunchbox in the fridge and she doles it out to herself one piece at a time for her school lunch or after school snack.
                    Annie Ups the Ante
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

My daughter is also 12, and her typical diet at home would be:

B: 3 slices bacon, 2 fried eggs, dollop of butter on top
                      L: homemade soup, some smoked fish or cold meat, maybe a baked potato with butter on, or some nuts, maybe some cheese
                      Snacks: nuts, fruit, dried fruit, maybe some nut-flour biscuits if I've made them (or she sometimes makes them herself), or a cup of tea with coconut oil in it.
                      Supper: meat/fish and plenty of vegetables, slathered in more butter

I know that when she's at school (boarding - so I have no control over her diet other than gluten-free) she does not eat as well - loads of gluten-free substitute foods. BUT her asthma and eczema are so much better if she eats LCHF that she attempts to do this off her own bat. She seems to be thriving on it.

Comment

Don't remember a whole day's diet, but my son's favorite snack for several years was a huge scoop of peanut butter, about 1/3 of the jar. Grabbed the jar to figure the counts, and it is:
                        1520Kcal, 56gP, 40gC, 128gF
                        and that was on top of and eggs and cereal breakfast; full packed lunch- meat sandwich, fruit, cheese, vegetables, and dessert; and meat and two veg dinner.

In other words: a lot!

Comment

My daughter is 6, and ther eis no rhyme or reason to how she eats, and I go along with it. Right now she just shot up > half an inch in a month, and asks for rice all the time (alng with a can of wild sockeye salmon).

First time she asked I was reluctant (she was a 'banana and banana' before we switched to Primal for her so I am very careful not to let her digestion drive her back to bland foods only). Then I looked at her in her soccer uni and like "OMG, I think she needs it!" and set her against the measuring chart, and could not believe the growth.

I swear, she goes from quarter-back look to that 'sprout with too little sun' look in a matter of days.

My friend almost fell off the chair looking at her put away 3 roast chicken drumsticks last weekend, and yesterday she casually ate half a meatzza - my 190 lbs husband had the other half. Holy-moly.

And then she goes for days of bringing almost all her food home back from school in the "Mom, I was not hungry' mode.

I assume it's normal?
                          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

My 8 year old boy is already an endless pit....he loves real food, as my 6 year old son is a carb junky for sure...and asks for WAY more snacks than his brother (cause real food is more filling!)

Todays breakfast was: 2 slices of bacon, sunny side egg, cubed, fried potatoes and half a GF bagel....and a cup of tea with honey.
                            Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
                            http://thewoodsygal.com/

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalPumpkin View Post
                              I'd say my 9yo boy and 12yo girl are both capable of consuming adult sized meals any day of the week. Some days they do, some they don't. I don't track calories or anything. My little guy seems to need to eat more often because he NEEDS the fuel, but cant fill up his little belly in one sitting. Some days he really does need to eat again 30 min after dinner. I know he's hungry if he'll go eat a banana.

Meals and snacks are real food and they can eat as much as they want of whatever I make and whatever veggies and fruit they can find in the house. Treats and desserts are a regular thing, but portions monitored. They can have ONE granola bar, handful of cookies, piece of pie, bowl of ice cream, cup of yogurt, glass of milk, peanut butter sandwich, handful of chips, etc...not unlimited access. Still hungry? Eat an apple.
                              Sandra
                              *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Comment

Working...
                              X