Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you quantify your 50-100g carbs a day please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could you quantify your 50-100g carbs a day please?

I'm three weeks in and aiming for weight loss at the moment.
    I'm trying to get an idea of what 50-100g of carbs actually looks like in terms of a few fruits/veggies.

Can some of you guys help me out here.

I think once i've got a few real world examples i can build a picture in my head for my day to day needs

Many thanks

I'd love to see this too!

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbeast View Post
      I'm three weeks in and aiming for weight loss at the moment.
      I'm trying to get an idea of what 50-100g of carbs actually looks like in terms of a few fruits/veggies.
      Can some of you guys help me out here.
      I think once i've got a few real world examples i can build a picture in my head for my day to day needs
      Many thanks
      Go use paleotrack.com and just play with menu ideas.
      50-100g of vegetable carbs is a whole lot, but, fruit adds up quickly.

Comment

Foods List

I found this helpful. measure what you eat then look it up.
        5' 9" 47 YO F
        PB start June 2, 2012
        Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)
        Current deadlift 245 lbs, squat 165 lbs, bench press 135 lbs

PB Journal

Comment

Just plug in your food intake in nutrition log ie. my fitnesspal and it tells you how much carbs there are in a serving. To answer your question certain fruits and veggies contain higher carbs than others. Bananas would be a higher carb fruit and sweet potato as well.

Comment

Cronometer works also.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Here's one day of carb content for me last week when I ate about 45g of carbs:

5 eggs: 2.2g carbs
              300 grams chicken: 6.5g carbs
              half a head of cauliflower: 20.9g carbs
              1 cup shredded lettuce: 1g carbs
              quarter of an onion: 6.2g carbs
              medium zucchini: 7.5g carbs
              crio bru: 1.4g carbs

Comment

(and an emphatic yes to cronometer, that's what i use)

Comment

thanks guys, yeah i'm aware of the various macro counter websites i just though some of you would have some example sets of food that you've consumed and counted already (as per palebluedots)

palebluedots, thanks that's great

Comment

Here's a day I had 36g carbs. Of all the food I ate, these were the only items that had any carbs in them:

Greek salad (lettuce, microscopic dose of feta cheese, olives, cucumbers, tomatoes, onions)
                    Garnet yam (0.2 of a medium yam, in other words, less than a quarter or about two or three small slices.)
                    1/2 avocado
                    Another salad that probably had lettuce, red peppers, onions, tomatoes and whatever else on it.

Here's a day where I had 46g carbs. These were the carby foods:
                    1 avocado
                    Spoonful of kefir cheese
                    lettuce
                    basil pesto (has pistachios)
                    dark chocolate (one "row" in a large bar)
                    One beer
                    1/2 tomato

Yes, I realize that when I say "carby foods" none of these are truly very carby at all.
                    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

This is a day sample for me of carb 50g
                      Plantain chips - 1 or 25 pieces serving - 30g - sometimes I use african yams but always try to keep the carb from starch at 30-40
                      on days like these i rarely eat a veggie (I or 2 a week)
                      3 eggs - *3g aprox
                      some meat or fish grilled in oil.

Comment

You mean "qualify."
                        You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

No, I believe the OP meant quantify. As in what is eaten and how much. I am also curious. What paleobluedots listed, I would eat in a meal. Just curious how others arrive at their carb count - not that I count but .
                          Cheers
                          J

Comment

If you don't want to go nuts recording and measuring stuff, and who really has time to spend hours on a computer entering stuff every day, you can generally stay under 100g easily by limiting dairy to 4 servings, eating no starchy veggies, having high moisture count veggies at every meal, and eating unlimited fat and protein. I personally cannot eat fruit at under 100 g a day, because I eat a lot of high-ish veggies like peppers, onions, mushrooms etc. FWIW, the South Beach Diet Phase 1 is about 100 g a day. Atkins induction is 20. Look at their menus for ideas. I did SBD for 10 years so I know how to live in the neighborhood of 100 g. If I want a treat I will have chocolate and wine or a very small sweet potato or some cooked carrots. At my age (65) I find if I try to eat starchy carbs every day and fruit every day, my pants get snug. That's just my body, of course. The only changes i made from SBD to Primal was to eliminate the artificial sweeteners and the low fat dairy. Oh, and got rid of PAM nonstick cooking spray, margarine, etc. and switched to real foods. I had three things to toss when I started the challenge last year:
                            Sugar free Jello, a tub of frozen fake whipped cream, and a small bottle of canola oil.

Comment

here is a pdf of my macros at 20grams of carbs daily..macros.pdf with refeeds once a week...Idk like 3 bananas equals around 100grams of carbs. i big sweet potatoe is around 60 grams of carbs. 1/4 cup brown rice has like 36 grams of carbs...
                              Started Primal November 20, 2011
                              Slipped from Christmas-New Years
                              January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
                              Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Comment

Working...
                              X