Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sorry, that should have been Robb Wolf.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by healthy11 View Post
      Lol... yes! I have to agree that 'moar' is a stupid word, but whatever... was awesome that she misspelled a word!!

      Anyways... I came here because I am wondering how people are doing post-potato diet? I know you guys have posted that you hadn't gained back weight afterwards... is that still the case? I am in a major food funk after being VLC for months. I am making primal cookies and popcorn and nothing sounds good and I'm thinking about giving the potato diet a try to get me out of it. I'm sure a week of potatoes will have me craving meat and veggies again.

      Any backlash post potato diet???
      Not for me. I have been a week prinal again and kept off all the weight

      Comment


      • Originally posted by james2pro View Post
        My gout started in my mid-30s which was also around the time I first did Atkins. I've also tried Protein Power and Dukan. I've been gout free for three months working with a Paleo nutritionist from Rob Sisson's site. She said that potato peels have anti-nutrients and to discard those. I think that I'm definitely an under excretor of uric acid and believe Ian King has a good theory of the need to avoid fructose while keeping the meat in the diet. I'm 280 at 6 foot. I've lost inches but little weight and have been at or above this weight for 10 years, even when doing no carb and 1200 calories a day. No tinges of gout for you with all that starch?
        interesting in the paleo nutritionist's take on high protein if you have gout.

        Comment


        • I'm back on the taters again.

          Last time a full weekof primal with dairy and I didn't put any back on. Yay!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by lambchop View Post
            I'm back on the taters again.

            Last time a full weekof primal with dairy and I didn't put any back on. Yay!
            You should try the 20 pounds-til-gone method that tatertot did in his recent post.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by otzi View Post
              You should try the 20 pounds-til-gone method that tatertot did in his recent post.
              Oooh - where do I find that?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by lambchop View Post
                Oooh - where do I find that?
                again? You must have discipline! Good luck, interested to see if you have the same steady weight loss.

                Comment


                • Lambchop, me too started again today, last 10 days have been a bit of a free for all with food and beer, 0.5 kg weight gain after the loss from PD, I can live with that..... anyway last 5kgs to go hopes to knock over 1/2 of that this time round and eat a bit more sensible when I come off the spuds this time round
                  "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

                  Comment


                  • I didnt think I ate all that badly over T-day, but the scale thinks so. About 4 lbs over 4 days (t-day on Thursday and again on Sunday) So I decided to go LC/HF for a few days first. And then maybe tators either next week or more towards the middle of the month. I wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do or not. Initially I thought I would just fast but ended up with more protein and calories than I planned. Anyhow, the scale went down 2.2 this morning.
                    65lbs gone and counting!!

                    Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by lambchop View Post
                      Oooh - where do I find that?
                      Post #147 http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...d70009-15.html
                      Find me on Facebook!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tatertot View Post
                        Thanks a lot tatertot, I may come back and ask questions!

                        and thanks katemary, it does take discipline and a steady disinterest in food except as an energy tummy filling source!

                        Comment


                        • I finally read 99 pages and decided to give it a try. I was waiting to see if people experienced regain when going back primal. I recently put on 4 pounds and hope to shed them along with a few more. Not sure how many days I'll make it.

                          Female 62, 5'4"

                          Day 1 - 147.2. I ate 1.5 pounds sweet potatoes, 1 pound Yukon Gold. Gold were not until dinner and I got very hungry about an hour later. Felt better on the sweet potatoes. Salt was only condiment yesterday. I'm not yet willing to give up my 2T of half and half in my morning cup of decaf.

                          Day 2 - 146 taters are cooked and ready to take to the office. Need to go buy more sweet potatoes!

                          Oops! I see that there is a new PPD page so I will post over there instead.
                          Last edited by calee; 11-28-2012, 08:16 AM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by calee View Post
                            I finally read 99 pages and decided to give it a try. I was waiting to see if people experienced regain when going back primal. I recently put on 4 pounds and hope to shed them along with a few more. Not sure how many days I'll make it.

                            Female 62, 5'4"

                            Day 1 - 147.2. I ate 1.5 pounds sweet potatoes, 1 pound Yukon Gold. Gold were not until dinner and I got very hungry about an hour later. Felt better on the sweet potatoes. Salt was only condiment yesterday. I'm not yet willing to give up my 2T of half and half in my morning cup of decaf.

                            Day 2 - 146 taters are cooked and ready to take to the office. Need to go buy more sweet potatoes!

                            Oops! I see that there is a new PPD page so I will post over there instead.
                            Geez, how long did it take you to read 99 pages?!

                            Why swap threads? I like this original one.

                            first day back on the taters, 1lb down.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gopintos View Post
                              I didnt think I ate all that badly over T-day, but the scale thinks so. About 4 lbs over 4 days (t-day on Thursday and again on Sunday) So I decided to go LC/HF for a few days first. And then maybe tators either next week or more towards the middle of the month. I wasn't sure if that was the right thing to do or not. Initially I thought I would just fast but ended up with more protein and calories than I planned. Anyhow, the scale went down 2.2 this morning.
                              so are you doing two days off, one day one? I am tempted to try something like that

                              Comment


                              • Hi Lambchop,
                                I am starting day 3 today. So far it's been pretty easy. I am doing a mix of Yukon Gold and Sweet Potatoes. I find I stay full much longer on sweet potatoes than Gold. I have been eating 1.5-2 pounds of sweet and half to 1 pound of gold. Only thing I haven't given up is half and half in two cups of decaf. Down 2 pounds on morning three. I'm happy with that.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X