No announcement yet.

EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to tators, I had a great October! It was better than the last few previous months all combined! I could only do a few days at a time, or a day here and there. Or I would start out a tator day, but end up with regular meal. Mostly, I just added tators back in. Tators, sweet tators, rice...

I have done a few other things also so it has been a combination of things, but it started with the tator.

So... of the places that I measure, and I should measure in more places, but the places where I do take measurements, I lost 10 inches in October! (well from Oct. 4th until the 31)

And just since Oct. 23 until this morning, -5.4lbs. Pretty exciting because I dont think I had an all tator day in there, but some days more tators than others.

Otzi... thank you... from the bottom of my heart. I know it is not magic, but it helped me to have the courage backed by the knowledge, to shake up my macros. And thank you everyone for posting your experiences. That is how we learn, from each other... the good and the bad. Just take what you can use and apply, and leave the rest.

Thanks y'all!!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

• 10 inches, great result gopintos. I am not seeking to lose weight but after reading the struggles of everyone here I feel I get how significant this must be for you. Nice!

Comment

• So... I'm wrapping up a little early. This doesn't seem to be doing much for me and I'm bored. Not sure what exactly is happening but I lost two pounds the first two days then have somehow crept back up to 209 while only eating 1100 calories per day. Which is interesting in and of itself, but not very impressive loss-wise.

I'm just going to continue eating lots of potatoes as a regular part of my diet and eat normally. Perhaps over the long term it will be an effective strategy to simply keep the proportion of plain potatoes in my diet high (perhaps replacing some fraction of my meals with them) to lower calories. Dunno, I'll keep paying with it. But for now, I'm going to go fry up some eggs. I'll keep observing the after-effects for a while as well.
        Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

• I have been waiting for my wife to tee up a business trip so I can give this a try without risk being committed to an institution. Looks like I will get a 4 day window the week after next. I am so excited, I could just eat a potato.

Comment

• Originally posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
            I have been waiting for my wife to tee up a business trip so I can give this a try without risk being committed to an institution.
            I feel your pain. Sometimes it is not worth the discussion!

Comment

• I have to say I amazed how this is working. I am also chuffed it is so filling - after thinking protein wasa the key. Loving it

Comment

• Starting day 5, which won't be all potato - i am meeting someone for lunch. Down 4.5 lbs and at a weight I haven't seen in 5 years - yay! I've kept workouts lighter this week, just a few yoga and Pilates classes. Tomorrow, I'm doing a weight lifting class - I usually do that class in a fasting state and will do the same, then will some potatoes when I get back. Then I need to blanch and vacuum seal all of the veggies i usually eat during the week so they don't go bad. S, I get to lose some weight and put away veggies in the freezer.

This has been easier than I expected to maintain. Tonight will probably include some wine and dinner, then we watch football at a friend's house on Sunday. I'll start back with potatoes next week, and then will begin cycling back into regular eating. I'm curious to see how much will stay off - I think most of it will. This has been a great experiment AND, in my quest for potatoes, I found a farm selling 50lb bags for $17, so I stocked up. Thanks, otzi - I'm glad you started this thread!

Comment

• Start of day 5 and I am down 1.5lbs in total... not as extreme as other people but I have had more of an appetite, eating around 1300 grams/day (I am very active). I think today is going to be my last day, I am just about over these taters! I was dreaming about avocados last night haha. I am a little nervous to eat "normally" again as I dont want to gain those few lbs back, but am curious to see how my body reacts afterwords.

Comment

• Down 1.2 lbs today! This is a new low on the scale! Total loss in after 7 days of potatoes is 4.2 lbs.

Comment

• I'm giving this a go too. It's hard to say what I started out as I was backed up yesterday morning. But day one and 'issues' resolved I've gone from 166 (more like 164-165 normally) to 163.5 today so that's more of a baseline reading. It'll be interesting to see what the scale says tomorrow.

Comment

• Don't know how to copy text yet, so I'll recap my 1st message here. I gave this a try for 3 days, lost 3 pounds. Went on a 7 day vacation, came back up 5.6 pounds. This is not at all unusual for me as I am very sensitive to wheat and gain or lose 3-4 pounds depending on how clean I am eating. Went back on potatoes for 7 days, lost the 5.6 pounds I gained over vacation. I have now been off potatoes for 7 days and back on my weight loss version of Primal eating, which for me means higher protein and watching my carbs and calories. I am down 1.2 pounds this week, but more importantly, I have broken through a set point that I have had my entire adult life.

So, 10 days total of potatoes only. Net weight lost with potatoes is 3 pounds. Not the most dramatic weight loss, but I started out 8 pounds from my goal weight and with the additional 1.2 pounds lost now sit within 4 pounds of reaching my goal.

Things I learned -- My best results come in the first 5 days. I stalled after that and lost motivation to continue. I had plenty of energy to do my daily 75 minute hot yoga class while eating only potatoes. It's an effective way for me to break a vacation or poor eating cycle. My body (weight loss) responds to shaking things up periodically. I have suffered no ill effects from a short term potato only diet. Of course, this is just my experience, your mileage may vary!

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal Tracy View Post
                          but more importantly, I have broken through a set point that I have had my entire adult life.

I had plenty of energy to do my daily 75 minute hot yoga class while eating only potatoes.
                          these points are consistent with my experience, it is interesting what shakes things up.

Comment

• I've read a lot about how people are eating the potatoes and it seems plain is favoured - I have to say I was getting bored but grating the potato, adding moroccan spices and frying in coconut oil is very tasty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danielfire View Post
                              I've read a lot about how people are eating the potatoes and it seems plain is favoured - I have to say I was getting bored but grating the potato, adding moroccan spices and frying in coconut oil is very tasty.
                              yum, I will try that!

Comment

• You're not supposed to be using oil. Of any kind.

Comment

Working...
                                X