No announcement yet.

EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it was that simple to loose only fat everyone would just take some BCAA and nothing else for days.

There's so much more to fat loss than that.
    You can't tell someone "I can miraculously tell all you lost was fat" without taking measurement, without even the person posting a PICTURE.

Well, it makes sense since it's a person who tried the strategy YOU advocate.
    I find it quite disturbing though.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

• Originally posted by Daydreamer View Post
      If it was that simple to loose only fat everyone would just take some BCAA and nothing else for days.

There's so much more to fat loss than that.
      You can't tell someone "I can miraculously tell all you lost was fat" without taking measurement, without even the person posting a PICTURE.

Well, it makes sense since it's a person who tried the strategy YOU advocate.
      I find it quite disturbing though.
      You should study this guy: Antoine-Augustin Parmentier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I know, now how he felt!

Comment

• Originally posted by Daydreamer View Post
        If it was that simple to loose only fat everyone would just take some BCAA and nothing else for days.
        Eating only BCAA is not simple. I have known since early on in my journey, well once I found MDA I also found the guy that fasted for over a year. And while I know this in the back of my mind, that all I have to do is take some supplements and drink water... I still can not wrap my brain around it enough to actually do it. It is just not that simple.

My 48 hour fasts are hard enough for me, and even then it was not absolute. I still had CO, broth and a little kraut.

JMO
        65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

• Originally posted by otzi View Post
          What you described is a sure way to put on pounds in a hurry! If you can't get full on the world's most satiating food (according to some studies), then you may have other issues going on. If you start again on Monday, have an energency supply of carrot sticks, sweet peppers, broccolli, cauliflower, etc.. on hand to stave off the munchies until you can go straight potatoes.

Doing a massive carb-up and then eating a big fatty meal will not work in anyone's world!
          Well when I was eating CW healthy I was seriously always hungry, like there wasn't a moment in the day that you couldn't put a full meal in front of me and I'd eat it, apart from maybe 20 to 30 minutes after a full meal, I'd often wake up early coz I was hungry and I never really felt satisfied.
          I think maybe carbs just don't make me feel satisfied, which is not the same as full, I can get full just drinking 2l of water for about 10 minutes till it all comes out again.
          Maybe I should stick to IF and lower carb? Or I might give raw a go as a hack for a week? Or just make my own restriction diet up, like, only HB eggs and raw veggies.
          You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

• Hm, it depends on the person gopintos.
            Eating only BCAA is actually quite easy when you have a past of former anorexia nervosa sufferer, OCD or just a tendency to have a huge self control and dedication.

And I can tell you for a fact that calories restriction, even with high protein, even with BCAA, don't make you loose only fat.
            Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
            (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Comment

• Well, after 2 days on the all-potato diet, I'm calling it quits for now. Not because the scale didn't cooperate (it did, I'm down 4 lbs), not because I'm bored to death (I have eaten many boring meals for years), not because I'm allergic to them. (Although my blood sugar did drop to 3.8 or 68.4, the lowest I've seen it in years.) No, it's because I hurt my ribs freezer diving, and have had to take it easy, including sleeping in a chair. For me, the experiment is unfinished, but successful to date. Maybe when my sleeping improves, I'll try it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tribal Rob View Post
                Well when I was eating CW healthy I was seriously always hungry, like there wasn't a moment in the day that you couldn't put a full meal in front of me and I'd eat it, apart from maybe 20 to 30 minutes after a full meal, I'd often wake up early coz I was hungry and I never really felt satisfied.
                I think maybe carbs just don't make me feel satisfied, which is not the same as full, I can get full just drinking 2l of water for about 10 minutes till it all comes out again.
                Maybe I should stick to IF and lower carb? Or I might give raw a go as a hack for a week? Or just make my own restriction diet up, like, only HB eggs and raw veggies.
                Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner.

Or maybe you could just eat Primally and stop being distracted by "hacks". Or you could do the cabbage soup diet. My friend's Mom lost ten pounds on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                  Ding. Ding. Ding. We have a winner.

Or maybe you could just eat Primally and stop being distracted by "hacks". Or you could do the cabbage soup diet. My friend's Mom lost ten pounds on that.
                  lol....missed you paleobird. Actually I stopped pissing on this parade a while back cause it seemed futile. Even good ole choco and pklopp threw in their piece. Ah, well....seems if people are desperate enough they will grasp at anything. This just seems beyond silly (biologically) to me. BTW there ARE worse things in the world than eating just potatoes for a week or two....but nothing that I would confront willingly.
                  Last edited by Neckhammer; 10-28-2012, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• otzi, my friend who had such great success with 2 wks on taters lost 3 more lbs since continuing with primal foods.
                    She said she believes your tater fast really "punched up" her metabolism, plus she started a walking program and loves that.

She was burning fat fairly good before, had been primal for about 3 months, but anniversary trip coming up and she wanted to lose faster. This past week she's been low cals/carbs and it's really paying off. She looks so great and now has many friends as tater followers.

Comment

• The potato diet will work for some, but not for everyone. It is a "hack" in the most literal sense and not all hacks work for everyone. Seeing some of you immediately suggest that anyone needing an extra push for their weightloss goals go on a potato diet right away is what scares me.

So it worked for you. Great. Be happy that it did. Just don't go touting it as a "one size fits all" solution for overcoming weightloss humps. There is no such thing.
                      "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

• Day 2 has nearly ended. This morning I was down roughly one pound, from 210.2 to 209.2.

This is within normal weight fluctuation for me so I won't declare a trend until the needle drops a little more. But I'm pleased. I ate roughly 3.5 lbs yesterday and another 2 lbs today so far, likely another pound-ish left in me to eat tonight for dinner, maybe. Not hungry yet.

I feel quite warm, but it was not a cool day out today. Lemme check my temperature...

Oh, yeah, I'm warm. 99.7 F. I don't feel the slightest bit ill or feverish, just VERY toasty. So there's a good indication of the thermic effect of potato starch!

My first meal today was baked potatoes in their skins with salt and pepper. Second was baked potatoes with salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice mix. It was pretty good, though a little dry. Definitely still appetizing, and then you're full for a while.

I also decided not to try to go cold turkey on caffeine while introducing a possible source of nutritional stress, so I'm still having coffee, but using the least amount of half & half I can get away to take the edge off the bitterness. So far so good!
                        Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
                          Oh, yeah, I'm warm. 99.7 F. I don't feel the slightest bit ill or feverish, just VERY toasty. So there's a good indication of the thermic effect of potato starch!
                          !
                          So ....there is no chance that there is an intermediary between digested product and body temperature? Seems like a helluva leap to me. Just saying...thought I learned about various hormone pathways and something about the brain that has a say in this. Actually...far as the brain portion is concerned we need a higher temp and operating rate to eliminate poison from the system. Just something to think about.

Comment

• OK again I'm gonna check out...I know this is a parade I'm not invited to .

It's like watching a train wreck though (thanks pklopp) I just can't help myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                              lol....missed you paleobird. Actually I stopped pissing on this parade a while back cause it seemed futile. Even good ole choco and pklopp threw in their piece. Ah, well....seems if people are desperate enough they will grasp at anything. This just seems beyond silly (biologically) to me. BTW there ARE worse things in the world than eating just potatoes for a week or two....but nothing that I would confront willingly.
                              Hey, Neckhammer. How's it goin'?
                              "Beyond silly" is a good way to describe it. I thought the whole point of Primal living was to make a permanent sustainable lifestyle change as opposed to finding the latest temporary hack. Dr. Oz says raspberry ketones are da bomb. Let's dash out and get some of those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                                Hey, Neckhammer. How's it goin'?
                                "Beyond silly" is a good way to describe it. I thought the whole point of Primal living was to make a permanent sustainable lifestyle change as opposed to finding the latest temporary hack. Dr. Oz says raspberry ketones are da bomb. Let's dash out and get some of those.
                                Fine here....so sorry to hear about your Dad. Wish you and yours all the best. Seems so diminished and so irrelevant to type it over the internet. But, there it is anyhow.

As to this thread...meh, I figured a while back that 1-2 weeks of any "crash" died won't kill someone, but it is obviously NOT primal. The other problem I came to is the potato idea. Seriously.....If your going to do a crash diet do the one that is likely to leave you with as much lean mass as you started with RATHER than specifically draining you of that matter. So go for the steak and eggs diet if you must....not this garbage. Meh, I've been chastised for my views before on this thread (or I should call it passive aggressive desolvement?) Either way I gave up figuring a 1-2 week fast doesn't kill so how bad is potato. Pklopps hypothesis on page 6 of his thread actually makes even a 6 day plunge sound detrimental though, and quite in line with what I feared.

Comment

Working...
                                X