No announcement yet.

EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh... And I've seen a few people here who have just recently went on the Whole30 and inquired about trying the potato diet... ?!?!?!?!?!??!??? Why did you even go on the Whole30 to begin with then if you are open to the idea of heading straight into a crash diet? Heal your health first, weight loss later... The Whole30 and Weight Loss | Whole9 | Let us change your life.
    On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Day 7, down .4 lb. I've been struggling to get this last 6 lbs off for years as my body just wants to plateau or gain back at this point. I'm sticking with it. The parchment paper works really well for the thin sliced potatoes that I originally tried to dry fry. I love potatoes hot, but today I'll let them cool down before I eat them to see if that helps. Good losses to you all!

Comment

• Read the entire thread yesterday and stopped to pick up some taters. Started this morning with hash browns and brought what I didn't finish with me to work along with a bag of Baby Dutch Yellows, a microwaveable russet and two kinds of vinegar. To those of you asking, in the eastern US it's common to put Malt vinegar on fries or potato wedges. My story is - weight loss surgery 10 years ago, lost over 100lbs, but never got rid of the last 10. I've been watching carbs and sugars, concentrating on proteins but have gained and lost the same 5lbs repeatedly. Found MDA last Oct. and followed a Primal lifestyle for a while, but life happened - lost my job - and I lost my way. I am back now, refocusing and the Tater feast grabbed my attention. Hope to see the same kind of results some of you have been experiencing. I have a Mexican dinner scheduled for tomorrow night, but already checked the menu and I can order just rice, or may rice and beans. Best of luck to all of you in your journey.
        Gini

SW - 273 - 2002 pre gastric bypass (BPD-DS)
        SW - Aug. 2, 2011 - 178
        SW - Nov 1, 2011 - 168.5
        CW - 160
        GW - 157
        5' 6"
        50 something female

Day 3 potato feast - down 5 lbs

Comment

• Otzi, you asked where I'm living and about tapioca. I live on the island of Borneo:

Sales Copywriter

Yes they have tapioca here but I'm gonna go for the taters, if only due to the 'SI' sciencey thing someone linked. That makes logical sense.

Got too many family gatherings this weekend, so will probably start on Monday.

Already got a new frying pan (wok) tonight

AC

Comment

• Morning of Day 4. Down another 1.2 lbs, total down 2.6 lbs after 3 days of All Tatos All The Time.

No bloating this morning, nor after breakfast. Will avoid the skins today.
            My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosemary 231 View Post
              Completed 7 full days of the potato fast. I lost 8.2 lbs.
              Completed my first full day of post potato fast-Primal eating, the weight loss version. I weighed this morning, a little anxious, to see if a day of regular primal eating had added any weight. Happily I had lost another .4 lb. The "afterglow" continues.

Comment

• Great stuff!

I'm expecting to lose some and then gain some back. As long as I lose more than I gain I'll be happy.

Talking of which, back in the day I'd use a rather wacky technique of stuffing myself silly for a week, then virtual starvation for a week, then stuffing again, then the last week of the month starving again.

Why? Because it messes around with your hormones, creating testosterone and packing on muscle when stuffing, while the starving caused fat loss. Yes, starving you'd lose muscle and stuffing you'd gain fat but the overall net result was around 2lb of extra muscle and 1 to 3lb of fat loss. And that's without weight training, just the boost in natural testosterone.

I really wouldn't recommend it more than one month a year and you need serious will-power for the semi-starving phase (around 750 cals per day, for an adult man) It's just too extreme and all too easy to settle into the stuffing without the starving!

AC

Comment

• This thread has brought me out of lurker status. I was intrigued so I tried the all potato diet for 3 days before going on vacation a couple of weeks ago. Lost 3 pounds. I am very sensitive to wheat and can easily gain 3-5 pounds in a day or two after eating poorly. That's what I did, came back up 5.6 pounds in 7 days. Went back on the all taters all the time diet and in the last 5 days I have dropped 5 of the 5.6 I gained on vacation.

I plan to complete 7 days this round, but I definitely see this as a viable way for me to stop my vacation excess upon returning and drop the weight I gained while vacationing. Will update you on where I end up after my 7 days and what happens once I return to a more traditional primal eating plan. Cheers! Tracy

Comment

• Day 3 done. Haven't hit 1500 calories yet, so stuffed.

Going for a full 5 days, then I'll weigh myself Saturday morning. Let's hope it was worth it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Primal Tracy View Post
                      This thread has brought me out of lurker status. I was intrigued so I tried the all potato diet for 3 days before going on vacation a couple of weeks ago. Lost 3 pounds. I am very sensitive to wheat and can easily gain 3-5 pounds in a day or two after eating poorly. That's what I did, came back up 5.6 pounds in 7 days. Went back on the all taters all the time diet and in the last 5 days I have dropped 5 of the 5.6 I gained on vacation.

I plan to complete 7 days this round, but I definitely see this as a viable way for me to stop my vacation excess upon returning and drop the weight I gained while vacationing. Will update you on where I end up after my 7 days and what happens once I return to a more traditional primal eating plan. Cheers! Tracy

Congrats! Keep it up!

Comment

• Day 4 complete. Hubby decided to bail mid afternoon and had a regular dinner. He felt too bloated and unenergetic. He did drop about 4 lbs as of this morning after 3 days. I give him a lot of credit for giving it a decent effort.

I'm down another 1.2 lbs today. The bloating is much less. Still energetic during the day, too.

I'm getting damn bored with potatoes, I must admit. Yet I do intend to stick it out until dinner on Friday.
                        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Day 1 update: my brother texted me midday to say he'd strangle a puppy for a piece of cheese.

Comment

• I can't imagine ever being that desperate to loose weight that I would only eat tatters.
                            Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                            PS
                            Don't forget to play!

Comment

• Marks daily apple goes Low-fat vegan! What next? Mcdougall forums going on an Inuit diet experiment?

Comment

• Originally posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
                                Marks daily apple goes Low-fat vegan! What next? Mcdougall forums going on an Inuit diet experiment?
                                Sometimes you gotta break the mold you put yourself in! That's what I love about Primal Blueprint. Can you imagine a thread on McDougall's forum called "Eat MOAR meat!"?

I like to think about the fictional Grok running out of freshly killed mammoth and finding a pile of potatoes. He'd eat it and lose weight. Then all the Grok-ettes would see his 6-pack abs and force him to mate with them all. OK, it's late, getty loopy.

Comment

Working...
                                X