No announcement yet.

EAT MOAR TATERS! Huh?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy crap - I am HOT!! I have hypothyroidism so I am super aware of my body temps, having cold hands, feet and nose for example are a sure sign that my T3 is low and I need more meds. I've had maybe a pound of potatoes so far today and I'm roasting! My hands and feet are hot and I'm sweating.

Hooray for the thermogenic powers of starch!
    Last edited by NourishedEm; 10-21-2012, 09:57 PM.
    My Journal

Comment

• [QUOTE=primal_jessjane;984119]How are people's energy levels? QUOTE]

My energy levels are really bad. After 3rd day, I"ve been taking 2 + hour naps everyday, along with sleeping very well at nite. Not doing any work outs at all and only gone on 2- 1 hour walks .

Starting day 6 and haven't lost much weight either.
      55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
      Chest; 41.5
      Waist; 42
      Hips; 40
      Thigh; 22.5
      Calf; 15
      Bicep: 13
      Forearm; 11.5
      Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
      Chest; 42
      Waist; 42.5
      Hips; 39
      Thigh; 23
      Calf; 15
      Forearm; 11.5
      Neck; 16

Comment

• Morning of Day 5, 1.2 lb loss. Total loss after 4 days of eating potatoes is 3 lbs. Didn't walk or exercise due to the low cals. Yeah!!!

Comment

• Ez2cy, how many potatoes do you eat a day? Yay, Beachspirit!

I baked up a sheet of sweet potato fries this morning, about 1.5 medium sized ones. Could definitely eat another 3! ;-)
          On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• I did really good yesterday and stuck to potatoes! Yay! Unfortunately, I'm up over half a pound this morning...I also feel very bloated. I'm thinking that I'm putting too much sea salt on the potatoes? It could just be by body catching up I'm still at 2.6 pounds in 4 days so that's not terrible, but I was hoping that I would be down again today.

Comment

• [QUOTE=primal_jessjane;984447]Ez2cy, how many potatoes do you eat a day?

Don't really pay attention. 6 medium sized ones? Gonna buy a food scale and start weighing, although decieded to go on these diets because of not "weighing or calorie " counting. So much for that.

did another 1 hour walk with dog this morning in the cold.

Doing 2x day cold showers. Icing the back of my shoulders for over 1/2 hour each day as well.

Thought I' d have lost more weight but.....
              Last edited by ez2cy; 10-22-2012, 07:39 AM.
              55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
              Chest; 41.5
              Waist; 42
              Hips; 40
              Thigh; 22.5
              Calf; 15
              Forearm; 11.5
              Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
              Chest; 42
              Waist; 42.5
              Hips; 39
              Thigh; 23
              Calf; 15
              Forearm; 11.5
              Neck; 16

Comment

• [QUOTE=ez2cy;984410]
                Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
                How are people's energy levels? QUOTE]

My energy levels are really bad. After 3rd day, I"ve been taking 2 + hour naps everyday, along with sleeping very well at nite. Not doing any work outs at all and only gone on 2- 1 hour walks .

Starting day 6 and haven't lost much weight either.
                That's sad to hear. I don't have any advice for you. Better start eating real food and get to feeling better! Thanks for trying so hard, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by primalcar View Post
                  I did really good yesterday and stuck to potatoes! Yay! Unfortunately, I'm up over half a pound this morning...I also feel very bloated. I'm thinking that I'm putting too much sea salt on the potatoes? It could just be by body catching up I'm still at 2.6 pounds in 4 days so that's not terrible, but I was hoping that I would be down again today.
                  I, and others, have noted a minimal amount of regain after a few days. Then a big bowel movement comes into play and you're back on track.

Comment

• Originally posted by otzi View Post
                    I, and others, have noted a minimal amount of regain after a few days. Then a big bowel movement comes into play and you're back on track.
                    LOL! Good to know!

Comment

• Still 128.4 lbs this morning but it hasn't been a full day on potatoes. Have eaten potatoes all day today, and am currently cooking a whole lot more, had thought I would just do this for a couple of days a week. But, apart from a meal out this Wednesday with my daughters I am going to give it my best shot! Can't wait for tomorrow morning to see what the scale says!

Comment

• That's sad to hear. I don't have any advice for you. Better start eating real food and get to feeling better! Thanks for trying so hard, though.[/QUOTE]

I can live with low energy for a couple of days. Tomorrow (end of ) will be a full 7 days. I'll see what happends when I wake up Wed morning. I'm going to try for a full 10 days. Something has to work eventually. Only had success with one diet but I can't really afford it.
                        55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
                        Chest; 41.5
                        Waist; 42
                        Hips; 40
                        Thigh; 22.5
                        Calf; 15
                        Forearm; 11.5
                        Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
                        Chest; 42
                        Waist; 42.5
                        Hips; 39
                        Thigh; 23
                        Calf; 15
                        Forearm; 11.5
                        Neck; 16

Comment

• Sorry all...after a day of mostly potatoes and 2 days of all potatoes, eating anymore potatoes makes me want to throw up. I think I lost about 2 pounds...so I wont say it doesnt work...but I cant eat any more potatoes.

I think I'll eat a light meal of meat and green veggies and maybe a nice pastured egg. Carry on Potato People!
                          It's just another day in paradise
                          As you stumble to your bed
                          You'd give anything to silence
                          Those voices ringing in your head
                          You thought you could find happiness
                          Just over that green hill
                          You thought you would be satisfied
                          But you never will-
                          Learn to be still
                          -The Eagles

Comment

• I'm waiting for my new bathroom scale to arrive (should be here by Wednesday) so I can do an initial weigh-in and measurement before I start. I should be able to begin by Friday.

I plan to buy 25 lbs of potatoes and eat nothing else (drinking nothing but water/mineral water) until they run out. Then I will switch back to normal eating for 2 weeks before evaluating final results and deciding if I want to do another round.

I think I had better wean down the coffee intake starting now so I don't get caffeine headaches later on.
                            Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
                              I plan to buy 25 lbs of potatoes and eat nothing else (drinking nothing but water/mineral water) until they run out. Then I will switch back to normal eating for 2 weeks before evaluating final results and deciding if I want to do another round.
                              My tator plans went awry with company. But went to the dutch store over the weekend and bought 50# for like 9 bucks, so I need to get to eating them And these tators are waaaay bigger than my others.

I have been incorporating tators in regularly though. And today, I had rice!! I don't even know when I had it last. I have been tracking for over 10 months and it was not even in my tracker, so it has been at least that long but I am thinking even longer cuz I had thought brown rice was the better choice. It was yuuuum yuuum too!
                              65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

• Day one in the bag, no weight loss on the scale but my belly is flat this morning! It wasn't too bad really, although definitely not exciting (I guess that's the point huh?). My partner is doing it with me which helps, but I have a feeling he's going to quit before the 5 days is up, he was already bemoaning the foods he couldn't eat last night!
                                My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X