Raw liver in a smoothie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raw liver in a smoothie

Folks, does raw liver mixed in with a smoothie leave any bits and pieces or is it really smooth? I am recovering after dental surgery and miss protein big time. Egg whites make my smoothies too runny, so I was wondering if I can throw in a chunk of chicken or beef liver to thicken it up? I tried nuts and it did not go well (many tiny bits).
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

That sounds awful.

Can you just use protein powder until you recover?
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Nope, I don't want any artificial stuff and sweeteners that come with protein powder, and raw liver tastes way better than pure whey isolate.

Comment

For the love of all that is holy do NOT do try it. I wasted a perfectly good beef liver by trying to blend it after a workout. It was...awful. The taste and the texture. Make a pate dude

Comment

Ingredients on my partner's container (I don't use it): Whey protein isolate (filtered milk protein), bromelain (an extract from pineapples).

That's it - nothing else.
          Female, age 51, 5' 9"

Comment

Just noted that you are in Calgary... so, you can buy it at the superstore and it has a green lid and it is President's Choice brand and it says 100% whey protein isolate on the label.
            Female, age 51, 5' 9"

Comment

I don't really want to buy a tub of whey... sorry I left it all behind and I hope for good!

Actually, I am thinking I will blend in a couple of cans of tuna instead. It should be easier and tasty. I'd blend sockeye, if I have the calorie allocation, I will see what I have by the time supper rolls around.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                Actually, I am thinking I will blend in a couple of cans of tuna instead. It should be easier and tasty. I'd blend sockeye, if I have the calorie allocation, I will see what I have by the time supper rolls around.
                dont forget the oysters...

Comment

I really wish I had oysters, but all the canned oysters have some crap added to them! So I never buy them.

Comment

How about nut butter instead of straight up nuts? No bits.

Comment

What sort of a smoothie are you talking about? None of the smoothies I have made would have benefited from the addition of raw liver and/or canned tuna/salmon.

Comment

Edit: worth a try with the egg whites, but I was wondering if nut butter blends well or stays in a chunk?
                        Last edited by Leida; 10-05-2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

You should be using the egg yolk. Not raw egg white.

Comment

Raw liver in a smoothie is GREAT. I use this and a couple raw egg yolks for me AND my kids. The kids never even notice and would definitely NOT eat liver in any other form.

Comment

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                              I really wish I had oysters, but all the canned oysters have some crap added to them! So I never buy them.
                              I can't find any at my grocery that aren't canned in cottonseed oil. They have like 4 brands, and they're ALL in cottonseed oil. WTF?!?!?

Comment

Working...
                              X