Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 months in and still getting hunger pangs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2 months in and still getting hunger pangs?

    Hey all,

    I've following the paleo/primal lifestyle for 2 months now and I was under the impression that hunger would go away. For me I still get extremely hungry about every 4 hours or so. It's not a big deal really since I just eat when I am hungry and I am losing weight but I was just curious as to why I seem to get the regular need to feed.

    Just a little info about me.

    Age: 34
    Weight: 190
    Body fat: 18% (and dropping)
    Primal %: 95 or more %
    Primal weight lost: 25 lbs
    Total weight lost: 100 lbs
    Training: crossfit junkie

  • #2
    Could be just your pattern. I have days like that, and then I have days where I can eat just one or two meals, but most days I'm hungry pretty regularly (I'm very active). Hunger is normal, it's not supposed to "go away". You said you're losing weight and you feel good, so I wouldn't worry about it.

    If the need to eat often is bothersome to you, try making your meals a little bigger, or adding a little more fat to them. Otherwise you seem to be doing just fine.

    Comment


    • #3
      It doesn't worry me really. More just curiosity. I eat big meals but I could add more fat. Mostly protein and veggies now. I'm very active as well and am very happy with my weight loss.

      First time in my life I can take my shirt off and be proud of what I see. I love primal life.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JackMcNasty View Post
        It doesn't worry me really. More just curiosity. I eat big meals but I could add more fat. Mostly protein and veggies now. I'm very active as well and am very happy with my weight loss.

        First time in my life I can take my shirt off and be proud of what I see. I love primal life.
        That's awesome! Congratulations on your success.

        It could be just a matter of adding a little more fat to your meals. Judging from your weight and that you called yourself a "crossfit junkie", you probably need quite alot of calories anyway.

        Here's an example of what I'm saying. If I eat two boiled eggs at 8 am, I'm probably going to be hungry around 11. But if I eat two eggs with a tablespoon of butter and a handful of grated cheese, I can go on that till 1 or 2. You don't have to drink coconut oil or anything, just a little bit more saturated fat makes a big difference in your satiety.

        Comment


        • #5
          My daily breakfast has been 3-4 eggs fried in bacon grease and 1/4 lb of bacon. Still get hungry 4 hours or less later. It's really odd. Again, I'm ok with it, but I is odd.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JackMcNasty View Post
            My daily breakfast has been 3-4 eggs fried in bacon grease and 1/4 lb of bacon. Still get hungry 4 hours or less later. It's really odd. Again, I'm ok with it, but I is odd.
            LOL, it's not odd. You just need alot of food.

            Comment


            • #7
              Cross-fit junkie? You're hungry because you need more food.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

              Comment


              • #8
                Ha..man I've been doing this for almost 4 years and I still get hunger pangs.. yes being in ketosis helps,and cutting out fake foods saved my life,but somedays you're just gonna be hungry/hungrier than normal. but it sounds like you're doing great so I say go with it :]

                Comment


                • #9
                  if you're hungry, eat more. especially if you are a "crossfit junkie." you might need some carbs thrown in there as well.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I eat when I'm hungry. I never starve. Should probably do a food journal cause I could probably benefit from eating more.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      if you eat larger meals, you'll stay fuller for longer. if you eat small meals, you'll need to eat more frequently. that's your call.

                      i'm really active, always working out, heavy lifting, biking, boxing, etc, and 3-4 eggs and 4oz of bacon wouldn't do anything for me. maybe twice that. with a sweet potato or a few bananas. now that would be a decent breakfast. and i'd still be hungry 4 hours later

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by JackMcNasty View Post
                        Training: crossfit junkie
                        Crossfitting on a LC diet....smh

                        Carry on like that and it'll hit you bad. If you're a X-fitter you NEED a higher carb intake than some sedentary people. Ask Matt Lalonde. His x-fit on a lc diet did not end too well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                          if you eat larger meals, you'll stay fuller for longer. if you eat small meals, you'll need to eat more frequently. that's your call.

                          i'm really active, always working out, heavy lifting, biking, boxing, etc, and 3-4 eggs and 4oz of bacon wouldn't do anything for me. maybe twice that. with a sweet potato or a few bananas. now that would be a decent breakfast. and i'd still be hungry 4 hours later
                          This. Most of my calories are coming from carbs due to my activity level. Capoeira 3 x p/wk, Gymnastics twice a week(plus some heavy lifts) and hill runs/walking everywhere.

                          I was a crossfitter for two yrs, it's taxing as hell. Doing it on a LC diet is madness. And no-one come in here giving that running on fat BS. Heavy exercise, which x-fit is, requires carbs from starch and fruit.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I wholehearted disagree with you on needing starch. I get plenty enough carbs from fruit and veggies. Many people in my box have been living paleo for years and doing crossfit for years with no ill effects.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by JackMcNasty View Post
                              I wholehearted disagree with you on needing starch. I get plenty enough carbs from fruit and veggies. Many people in my box have been living paleo for years and doing crossfit for years with no ill effects.
                              how long have you been doing it for?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X