Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I getting enough variety of fruits and veggies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Primal123 View Post
    what about bell peppers, tomatoes, cabbage etc.. I try to eat a variety of colors daily as I think the reds, orange, and yellow veggies (and fruits) have important phytonutrients. Personally, I would definitely add as many varieties as possible but that's me. I feel it is easier for me to go for variety rather than actually track it.
    I completly agree with this.

Lots of colors and lots of alliums (mostly cause I just love alliums).

Comment

are vegetables and fruits essential? not if you're also eating stuff like oysters, fatty wild fish and all sorts of offal on a regular basis. this isn't just about eating grass-fed muscle meat.

are bananas, carrots and broccoli filling in your vitamin and mineral profile? no way. add colors and variety, not just because it's good for you, but to prevent boredom.

agree about about getting what you need from food, not pills.
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I also don't think veggies are essential. Infact I don't think they're even necessary.

Comment

Working...
        X