Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What percentage of calories do you get from fat?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I seem to average between 60-70% fat, 12-15% carbs, and the rest in protein. I wouldn't mind cutting the carbs a bit, but with my activity level I really need to keep my carbs between 65-75, no more unless I've a 3+ hour bike ride then I will have more good carbs. I do have very active days when I can't seem to get my carbs up that high, but I feel fine so must be hitting things not too far from the mark.

Comment

Interesting replies

This is my n=1 that I am just now concluding: (it has only taken me 6 months)

I lost most of my weight on about 30-40% fat (8-10lbs per month) Then went primal and upped it to 50+% fat (50-60) and losing about 4lbs per month. 60+% (60-70) is a crawl of about 2lbs per month. Then I upped it even more to 70+% and I gain and then fasting takes it back off.

Fat is still a friend but not my best friend, not for weight loss. But I think once I reach maintenance, it will be okay to return to 50 - 70% as it satiates me with fewer calories overall and does make fasting a breeze which fits in great with my lifestyle, so it will all balance out. However, it just appears that I can not lose weight with higher fat, and that is what I need to focus on at the moment.

So... in answer to the question, I am going to dial it back down to 30 +/- and see what happens.
      65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Comment

Originally posted by RachelW View Post
        For weight loss how much should I be getting?
        How long is a piece of string?

Everyone has a different requirement for what they need to feel good, energetic, healthy, and able to lose weight. For some people, this means high fat, for others it means low fat, and a big group of people are probably somewherein between. The only way to know what works for you is to experiment.

Comment

Working...
        X