No announcement yet.

eeek Dark Chocolate & nasty side effects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks every one for the suggestions, I do not think it is sugar or caffeine related. I do feel it may be L-trytophan, read a little about it. Most of all I may just cut out chocolate all together, it is not necessary and after the consequence I got from the dark chocolate the thought makes me shiver. I know I ate too much of it I just couldn't believe how poorly it made me feel

easy enough -- my body does not want or need dark chocolate, just going to stay away from now on...
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 23 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 126
    GW 120

Comment

Originally posted by freedom.please View Post
      easy enough -- my body does not want or need dark chocolate, just going to stay away from now on...
      Dark chocolate can be a powerful migraine trigger for some people (as can anything else with tannic acid, like red wine, coffee, and black tea). Did you have light and/or sound sensitivity with the nausea and nasty headache? That was probably a migraine.

Comment

75g is way too much chocolate at once -- that's 3/4 of the entire bar. The average serving size is 40g. I used to eat nearly an entire bar of that exact chocolate almost every day, and I often felt the same as you did, minus the headache. Fatigued, sluggish, nauseated, moody, etc. I rarely eat cacao now, but if I do, I try to limit it to less than 20g (ideally around 10g).

Comment

try 90% chocolate. It's like, the very essence of cocoa, which is to say, bitter. You'll never be able to OD on it and it's very healthy. Definitely solves a chocolate craving!
          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by freedom.please View Post
            Last night I treated myself to about 75g of Green & Blacks 85% dark chocolate.. oh boy... this was not good. I quickly took on a nauseous stomach and a really bad head ache.

-apparently too much dark chocolate can have some pretty upsetting side effects

-Who else has had similar experiences?
            -Does any one have suggestions how to get over this? (just have to give it time?)
            -Why does this happen?

very interesting but not how I wanted to find out!
            I actually had just 6 squares of the same stuff today, that is half a serving. You ate 2 1/2 servings. The fiber alone is gonna give you issues, then the sugar, then the caffeine... Next time, just have the 1 serving..
            Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
            Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

Comment

Working...
            X