Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
    Two cups of cold water, one cup of rice (or a similar ratio). Put into a pot on the stovetop, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently until water is absorbed, and then allow to stand a couple of minutes before serving. Mine comes out fluffy and tender, not dry at all.

The quality of the rice will make a difference too. I don't buy the cheap basmati--I wait for a larger bag of the good stuff to go on sale.
    When I have cooked Basmati in particular I have always used a 1cup rice to 1.5cup water ratio (along with a good wash of the rice until the water is clear)... I get a fluffier grain that way.
    I think the Basmati can get mushy with 1to2 ratio.
    Maybe the difference is that the grains are soaking up some water when I wash them...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
      When my health is perfect like yours?

Did you heal/are you healing a serious brain disease... if not you can seriously GFYS.
      I don't give one flying fuck about "ripped".
      "Ripped"=/= health and never has.
      Good lord.

Also I did not "tear down [any] opposing opinion".
      Are you so full of yourself that you are illiterate?
      Rice does not work for me, as I stated.
      And people here are not arguing that what you do isn't "right for YOU", they are just stating that other things work for other people.

But it does for some people.
      Including that freakishly ripped, gizzard assed, dude that won the body building competition that I posted a picture of.
      I dare say that he is more ripped than you... and "knows lots" about nutrition and how to stack on muscle.

Pompous illiteracy... that's what people are responding to all "antsy", just so ya know.
      I never said the goal was to get as much muscle as possible, just remarkng on how easy it is for me now.

Comment

When I have cooked Basmati in particular I have always used a 1cup rice to 1.5cup water ratio (along with a good wash of the rice until the water is clear)... I get a fluffier grain that way.
        I think the Basmati can get mushy with 1to2 ratio.
        Maybe the difference is that the grains are soaking up some water when I wash them...
        I also live at a high enough elevation that it can affect cooking and live in a dry environment, so I can imagine that the difference in those factors between here and Florida (near sea level, high humidity and heat) will also change the results.
        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
          Why would you use up your carbs on something like white rice when you could be eating veggies and fruit with more nutrients?
          I know that some people with large appetites don't realize this, but I'll give you one word: Volume.

Yes... for some people food volume can be an issue. And sometimes a small serving of rice is easier to get down than a huge serving of vegetables to meet the same macros/calories.
          I tried rice for that.
          It didn't work for me so I swapped it for fat. *shrug*
          I really need small food volume.

I know most dudes are looking for MORE volume as opposed to less... but that doesn't work for all people all the time.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by paulroy
            That's quite an unpleasant way to greet a new member on this forum.

I have problems with being underweight (as well as multiple other health problems) and have been looking for a better approach to eating. I also tend to get extreme insulin spikes from eating carbohydrate rich foods such as rice and wheat etc and as such was interested in mostofthetime7's post as I would prefer not to have to rely on these kinds of carbs for sources of energy at all. So I simply asked him about his experience eating purely primal as his was the top post when I joined this forum. I didn't realise I had just joined a primal war here.

Btw, the 'u' key on my laptop has been broken for the last few days, only just got it replaced . It did make spelling Edinburgh a bit tricky...

Cheers,

this paulroy person
            And yet typing paulroy was no problem, what with the U in there and all.
            “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
              I also live at a high enough elevation that it can affect cooking and live in a dry environment, so I can imagine that the difference in those factors between here and Florida (near sea level, high humidity and heat) will also change the results.
              Ahh, so true.

You may need to try a few test batches to see what works for your location...
              Like a 5-10 min soak, since you have trouble with dryness, then rinse, and 1to2 ratio.
              Fiddle with it a bit.
              If the rice seems hard still when it should be done add another 1/4-1/2 cup of water and see if a little longer works it out depending on doneness, then adjust the recipe the next time.
              Once it works keep using that as your own personal recipe.
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Yeah it's pretty big. After I completely changed my diet it started getting way harder then ever, too.
                hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aahahahahahaha *spits coffee* omg thanks for the entertainment. It proscastination day here at the office and I am honestly having a blast reading this foolery of a thread...LMAO

Comment

• hmmm I am actually craving some sticky rice thanks to this post perhaps I shall have some with my pork belly tonight...addict and all

Comment

• The 2-1 works nicely here and I get good results, but I agree, ymmv depending on location and conditions. I will be totally thrown off if I ever move somewhere with a nice climate!

Owly's Journal

Comment

I know that some people with large appetites don't realize this, but I'll give you one word: Volume.

Yes... for some people food volume can be an issue. And sometimes a small serving of rice is easier to get down than a huge serving of vegetables to meet the same macros/calories.
                      I tried rice for that.
                      It didn't work for me so I swapped it for fat. *shrug*
                      I really need small food volume.

I know most dudes are looking for MORE volume as opposed to less... but that doesn't work for all people all the time.
                      The food volume is only an issue because their bodies aren't adjusted yet. Your metabolism slows down.

Comment

• new theory - mostofthetime7 is really... kevin geary returned! bwahahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by jakey View Post
                          new theory - mostofthetime7 is really... kevin geary returned! bwahahahahaha
                          Lol! Whatever happened to that dude? Wasn't he the one advocating vlc for kids?

Owly's Journal

Comment

• I'm going jogging now. See ya later, after my bananas and rice cakes...
                            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

The food volume is only an issue because their bodies aren't adjusted yet. Your metabolism slows down.
                              Really... that's the ONLY possible reason for food volume issues?

Please explain that.
                              Because I personally have serious food volume issues... I can eat very little.

Maybe if you explained it would help.
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Ok, OP. I'll play, bitch.
                                Congratulations. You hate rice and have attained your perfect body. This is most likely because you came to this diet with a perfect, unfucked up body or metabolism because you're a 12 year immature asshat whose sole joy in life is COD: MW. Congratulations on inheriting good genetics. Is that what you want to hear? Congratulations on having a "perfect body" and the personality of a week old unrefrigerated fish. You've taken that extra half step left to perfect with no effort. Congratufuckinglations.
                                Most of us didn't come in here looking just to lose a few pounds and get "totes ripped." Most of us here have other health issues that primal/ paleo help. I'll love watching you crawling back here, grovelling and begging, when your thyroid fucks up, where you have high intracranial pressure, when your adrenal glands fail, when you get diabetes, or when your body gets old and decrepit after your doc tells you to stop shooting steroids into your balls. Most of us aren't here because we're looking to be hot, sexy douchebags (by the way, the sexiest part of a man is his brain, so no one but your fleshlight cares what size your dick is.) Most of us are here to grow, learn, hopefully heal something, and maybe eventually get thinner. With very few exceptions, most of the folks on this board are only looking to help each other out and learn something new. If you're looking for a board of people itching to help you flame themselves, I hear reddit's taking applications. Not looking to help in a constructive way (being a douche and bragging are not constructive help)? GTFO.
                                /thread
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X