Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
    Hey, here ya go...

    There are actually a lot of people in the world who had rather keep a little fat on their ass than be "as ripped as [you]" and just as self centered an ass hat spouting know-it-all claims to the world as you... because you can obviously have the ONLY answer that will work for everyone.

    So now you know.
    You can go live in peace.
    A little sad maybe, but you can go...

    BTW, just so you know I added some rice and higher carb items back to my diet, it didn't work for ME.
    But it does for other people.
    I need to stay LC to even VLC.
    Maybe later that will change...
    It really is an n=1 world.
    And YOU don't own it.


    Want to see someone else "ripped"?

    There you go...
    And that is disgusting. His ass looks like a chicken gizzard.
    I don't think I'll be eating gizzards again any time soon, and I wouldn't touch him willingly.

    No... I say people should eat all the rice they want to eat.
    NO GIZZARD BUTTS!
    Of course i don't own the world.

    If im so wrong why is everyone getting so antsy?

    When your health is perfect like mine, you just laugh at people like you because if you were really confident in your beliefs you wldnt find the need to tear down opposing opinions.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Damiana View Post
      I grew up in an agrarian community in a small backwards Asian country. Most of my close relatives are still there, in fact. We've been rice and carb addicts for generations now, and we've got the 90-100 years old lifespan to show for it too. It's a damned shame they can't follow paleo, having to make a living off the land and all...
      Just because your parents lived longer than most doesnt mean they had optimal health.

      Comment


      • #48
        Sugar is your crutch in times of stress because your addicted.

        That was in response to zoebird's post, forgot to quote.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
          Of course i don't own the world.

          If im so wrong why is everyone getting so antsy?

          When your health is perfect like mine, you just laugh at people like you because if you were really confident in your beliefs you wldnt find the need to tear down opposing opinions.
          With such perfect health, then there is nothing left but the ascension to Nirvana, we are all awaiting the glowing Orb.
          Please post time and date so I can get a good pic, I expect it will be visible from the entire planet.
          "There are no short cuts to enlightenment, the journey is the destination, you have to walk this path alone"

          Comment


          • #50
            Personally, I'm glad that the o.p. is in great health. Good for you.
            Blowing your own horn, however, and putting others down that may not be as advanced as you are shows a certain lack of maturity.
            People who have their shit together and are secure within themselves don't have to go around telling others about how great they are. Doing so, especially with complete strangers on an anonymous message board, screams of desperation for attention, and is most definitely a symptom of some underlying problem.
            Good luck to you, O.P.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
              Just because your parents lived longer than most doesnt mean they had optimal health.
              Yes, I'm well aware that there are plenty of people on CW diets, drinking and smoking their way through their 90s never having heard of paleo. My grandpa is still working and lugging stuff around at 95, however. There are plenty of ways to live a healthy, productive life, paleo/primal is but one. Then again, some people are just lucky in their genetics.
              F 28/5'4/100 lbs

              "I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by counterpuncher View Post
                Personally, I'm glad that the o.p. is in great health. Good for you.
                Blowing your own horn, however, and putting others down that may not be as advanced as you are shows a certain lack of maturity.
                People who have their shit together and are secure within themselves don't have to go around telling others about how great they are. Doing so, especially with complete strangers on an anonymous message board, screams of desperation for attention, and is most definitely a symptom of some underlying problem.
                Good luck to you, O.P.
                I'm so great in part because of how I eat. This is a forum about nutrition. Seems fairly relevant to me.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by Damiana View Post
                  Yes, I'm well aware that there are plenty of people on CW diets, drinking and smoking their way through their 90s never having heard of paleo. My grandpa is still working and lugging stuff around at 95, however. There are plenty of ways to live a healthy, productive life, paleo/primal is but one. Then again, some people are just lucky in their genetics.
                  Healthy and productive is relative. You just have low standards for what is healthy.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
                    I'm so great in part because of how I eat. This is a forum about nutrition. Seems fairly relevant to me.
                    I'm sure your eating habits are top-notch, and it's great that you've found an approach that works for you.
                    Sharing that info to help others is admirable, but coming across like a condescending know-it-all is not, and simply magnifys your level of immaturity.
                    Like I said....Good luck to you.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
                      How do I prepare this to be delicious???? I have tried popping it into my rice cooker, cooked it in my rice cooker with curry spices, and cooked it with meat and garlic in other dishes, but to no avail. It still tastes dry and tasteless with a cakey texture. How to make it tasty?

                      On the other hand, sticky rice and jasmine are delicious. I will have a cup now and then.
                      Two cups of cold water, one cup of rice (or a similar ratio). Put into a pot on the stovetop, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer gently until water is absorbed, and then allow to stand a couple of minutes before serving. Mine comes out fluffy and tender, not dry at all.

                      The quality of the rice will make a difference too. I don't buy the cheap basmati--I wait for a larger bag of the good stuff to go on sale.
                      “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

                      Owly's Journal

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Anyone else have a rice recipe to share?

                        I made a really killer stirfry the other day with grassfed beef, veggies from my CSA and lots of tasty spices, and served it over rice. Very tasty and a great post-workout dinner.
                        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

                        Owly's Journal

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          oh man.. i'm actually one of the most confident people out there. any of my friends and anyone on this forum could vouch for me. i don't act like an asshole. you do. facts is facts....

                          i actually feel sorry for people like you

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                            oh man.. i'm actually one of the most confident people out there. any of my friends and anyone on this forum could vouch for me. i don't act like an asshole. you do. facts is facts....

                            i actually feel sorry for people like you
                            That's cool, I feel sorry for people like you too.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Owly View Post
                              Anyone else have a rice recipe to share?

                              Yes. Italian sausage and mushroom risotto. Its wonderful

                              Italian Sausage and Wild Mushroom Risotto Recipe at Epicurious.com

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                anyone in the mood for some paella? a coworker of mine ws just telling me about some amazing paella she ate over the weekend at this amazing spanish restaurant. and now i want some

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X