Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
    I know lots about evolution. It's possible that's just an evolutionary response to agriculture and not a reflection on the diet of our earlier ancestors. Even if these people are a bit more adapted to the change of environment, but it does not mean fat isn't a better source of energy for them as well.
    Humans adapted to having multiple copies of AMY1 long before the rise of neolithithic agriculture.

It's been posited as the adaption that made 'out of africa' possible.
    Last edited by magicmerl; 10-02-2012, 08:21 PM.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I just knew this thread would draw the fun! • Sitting back...and eating some kerry gold drenched non paleo popcorn (but popped from real kernels in my home popcorn maker) with LOTs of salt•....please proceed.

Comment

Apparently low carb and being "ripped" also increases ego size, though artificially so.
        Durp.

Comment

I put some white jasmine rice into the giant pot of shrimp gumbo I made tonight.
          Female, age 51, 5' 9"
          SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
          2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

I used to be ripped, does that count?

ugly-woman.png
            Last edited by jojohaligo; 10-02-2012, 08:43 PM.
            Female, age 51, 5' 9"
            SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
            2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
              Apparently low carb and being "ripped" also increases ego size, though artificially so.
              Hey. He "knows lots". Show some respect.
              Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
              5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
              Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
              TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
              bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
                hey. He "knows lots". Show some respect.
                lmao!
                "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                  I just knew this thread would draw the fun! • Sitting back...and eating some kerry gold drenched non paleo popcorn (but popped from real kernels in my home popcorn maker) with LOTs of salt•....please proceed.
                  Mmmm...my basmati sort of smells like popcorn. I'm going to eat some and enjoy how much it enrages random dudes on the internet with massive muscles and massive egos.

Oooh, and then I might eat some white potatoes! The starch! The horror!
                  “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                    Mmmm...my basmati sort of smells like popcorn. I'm going to eat some and enjoy how much it enrages random dudes on the internet with massive muscles and massive egos.

Oooh, and then I might eat some white potatoes! The starch! The horror!
                    Hmmm I've got some rice around somewhere, but according to mostofthetime7 I might lose my muscles!
                    "Go For Broke"
                    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                    Small Kine-168/9%
                    Now- 200/8%
                    Goal- 210/6%

Comment

I'm seriously going to quit reading this forum. What a waste of time it has become.

Good luck everyone! OP, "You look good, handsome, nice jawline, but you have a terrible personality" -

sort-of quote from a recent movie. Bye!!
                      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

Originally posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
                        Using society to measure your own health is foolish in my opinion. It's not pretty out there.

Just because your low carb doesn't mean your doing it right. There's not too many people as ripped as me, and i dont know exacatly what they eat but id be surprised. My muscles are very hard and dense where carbs tend to make muscles bloated with water so people think they have huge muscles but it's not as much as they think when they get rid of carbs.

Hey, here ya go...

There are actually a lot of people in the world who had rather keep a little fat on their ass than be "as ripped as [you]" and just as self centered an ass hat spouting know-it-all claims to the world as you... because you can obviously have the ONLY answer that will work for everyone.

So now you know.
                        You can go live in peace.
                        A little sad maybe, but you can go...

BTW, just so you know I added some rice and higher carb items back to my diet, it didn't work for ME.
                        But it does for other people.
                        I need to stay LC to even VLC.
                        Maybe later that will change...
                        It really is an n=1 world.
                        And YOU don't own it.

Want to see someone else "ripped"?

There you go...
                        And that is disgusting. His ass looks like a chicken gizzard.
                        I don't think I'll be eating gizzards again any time soon, and I wouldn't touch him willingly.

No... I say people should eat all the rice they want to eat.
                        NO GIZZARD BUTTS!
                        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I grew up in an agrarian community in a small backwards Asian country. Most of my close relatives are still there, in fact. We've been rice and carb addicts for generations now, and we've got the 90-100 years old lifespan to show for it too. It's a damned shame they can't follow paleo, having to make a living off the land and all...
                          F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Comment

I had rice mixed in with my grass fed ground beef stuffed peppers....with that make me a leper
                            Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                            PS
                            Don't forget to play!

Comment

We have rice occasionally. It's nice with thai food.

We are lean (i'm 20% now because i had some stress eating over the last two months, but i'm heading back to 18%; DH is 9% and going down), and DH has kumara (sweet potato) on work-out days and we have thai once a month or so.

We are not sugar addicts -- we get below 125 g per day (most days I'm around 80, DH is around 90, but on workout days he's higher) -- but sometimes we have higher carb days, so there you go.

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                                How do I prepare this to be delicious???? I have tried popping it into my rice cooker, cooked it in my rice cooker with curry spices, and cooked it with meat and garlic in other dishes, but to no avail. It still tastes dry and tasteless with a cakey texture. How to make it tasty?

On the other hand, sticky rice and jasmine are delicious. I will have a cup now and then.
                                My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Working...
                                X