Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Rice as a starch and there has been significant amounts of research done that show certain individuals may be better adapted at breaking it down and utilizing it as energy than others. Amylase. Some have more of it than others. I would assume those with an abundance have better use of the product for energy. Those without are better off getting energy from elsewhere. But, as a low carber (as I am also) you may make the question as to even if you are acclimated to this particular substace is it actually necessary OR beneficial. Why would glyconeogenisis suffice. Well, that is were it gets hairy......I could continue with my own hypothesis here but I'll just leave the questions....In the end we know of humans surviving AND thriving in each state.....
    All Amylase does is convert starches into sugars, correct? They are just more adapted to being sugar addicts if they have more of that perhaps, but it doesn't mean its optimal for them.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
      It is indeed.

      It does, but people can mistake that for table sugar. Glucose is a fairly benign carbohydrate, particularly if you have a good hormone balance already, or lots of cardio.
      You mean chronic cardio that is going to cause excessive inflammation in my body? No thanks.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
        You mean chronic cardio that is going to cause excessive inflammation in my body? No thanks.
        I agree. You're inflammatory enough as it is.
        Originally posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
        All Amylase does is convert starches into sugars, correct? They are just more adapted to being sugar addicts if they have more of that perhaps, but it doesn't mean its optimal for them.
        If you were'n t such a tool you'd realise that paleo/primal is a form of eating that is based on evolutionary science. And given that humans have significantly more salivary amylase than other primates, that's a sign that we are much more able to successfully consume starches than them.
        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

        Griff's cholesterol primer
        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
        bloodorchid is always right

        Comment


        • #19
          Anyone else think human beings are just delusional food addicts?

          Your qualifications ("im completely ripped, can lift more than ever, have tons of energy, eat in a 4 hour window most days, i don't get sunburn anymore, i seem to be getting more muscular all the time and i hardly work out") hardly defend your way of life as a universal solution for everyone. What about the many people throughout the health community who tried low carb for years and still failed miserably? What about the people who are just as "ripped" as you but eat high carb?

          When you live in a society where Coke Zero and Oreos are the norm, white rice should be the least of your concerns.
          Last edited by tarek; 10-02-2012, 07:15 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
            I agree. You're inflammatory enough as it is.

            If you were'n t such a tool you'd realise that paleo/primal is a form of eating that is based on evolutionary science. And given that humans have significantly more salivary amylase than other primates, that's a sign that we are much more able to successfully consume starches than them.
            I know lots about evolution. It's possible that's just an evolutionary response to agriculture and not a reflection on the diet of our earlier ancestors. Even if these people are a bit more adapted to the change of environment, but it does not mean fat isn't a better source of energy for them as well.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
              is this where people start posting studies rebutting your OP? and then you go 'oh snap! here's my rebutt of your rebutt'

              like there's been forever so many times here?

              did you know there's now a post out there talking about how low carbing stresses the female body?

              WHERE'S YOUR GOD NOW
              This is why i had to get away from all the food / health sites. There are studies for probably any lifestyle you can imagine that will support / debunk it. I would drive myself crazy looking at all these studies trying to figure out what was the best way to eat. I've found that in the end, as long as you get rid of the big things like grains, PUFAS, and processed carbs and sugars, you're fine. Fill your diet with fresh meats, fruits, and vegetables and be done with it.
              Age: 24
              Height: 6'2
              Primal start date: April 1st 2011
              Start Weight: 300.4 lbs
              Current Weight: 226 lbs (1/16/2012)
              Goal weight: 205 lbs
              Total lost so far: 74.4 lbs

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by tarek View Post
                Anyone else think human beings are just delusional food addicts?

                Your qualifications ("im completely ripped, can lift more than ever, have tons of energy, eat in a 4 hour window most days, i don't get sunburn anymore, i seem to be getting more muscular all the time and i hardly work out") hardly defend your way of life as a universal solution for everyone. What about the many people throughout the health community who tried low carb for years and still failed miserably? What about the people who are just as "ripped" as you but eat high carb?

                When you live in a society where Coke Zero and Oreos are the norm, white rice should be the least of your concerns.
                Using society to measure your own health is foolish in my opinion. It's not pretty out there.

                Just because your low carb doesn't mean your doing it right. There's not too many people as ripped as me, and i dont know exacatly what they eat but id be surprised. My muscles are very hard and dense where carbs tend to make muscles bloated with water so people think they have huge muscles but it's not as much as they think when they get rid of carbs.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
                  Using society to measure your own health is foolish in my opinion. It's not pretty out there.

                  Just because your low carb doesn't mean your doing it right. There's not too many people as ripped as me, and i dont know exacatly what they eat but id be surprised. My muscles are very hard and dense where carbs tend to make muscles bloated with water so people think they have huge muscles but it's not as much as they think when they get rid of carbs.
                  Ripped? Ripped translate to low body fat. It doesn't mean you're strong. It doesn't mean you can squat 600 pounds. It doesn't mean you're healthy. I guarantee you Martin Berkhan is leaner than you and lifts more (unless you pull in the low 6's). That dude devours whole cheesecakes and eats plenty of carbs and drinks like a fish, translation, different things work for different people. People with normal metabolism usually can handle carbs without issue.
                  Last edited by Fernaldo; 10-02-2012, 07:41 PM.
                  "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
                    Using society to measure your own health is foolish in my opinion. It's not pretty out there.

                    Just because your low carb doesn't mean your doing it right. There's not too many people as ripped as me, and i dont know exacatly what they eat but id be surprised. My muscles are very hard and dense where carbs tend to make muscles bloated with water so people think they have huge muscles but it's not as much as they think when they get rid of carbs.
                    Lol. Yeah, that "bloating" is called glycogen, it's your muscles' preferred fuel for high-intensity work output, and you can only get it in large quantities by eating carbohydrate, particularly glucose. Each gram of glycogen is bound to several grams of water in the muscle, which is then released when the glycogen is used to form ATP. Nasty, nasty stuff, that glycogen. *eyeroll*

                    Also, good for you on being just t3h rippedest, Braggy Mac Boastypants...
                    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

                    My Primal Journal

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
                      There's not too many people as ripped as me, and i dont know exacatly what they eat but id be surprised.

                      My muscles are very hard and dense where carbs tend to make muscles bloated with water so people think they have huge muscles but it's not as much as they think when they get rid of carbs.
                      Don't forget to tell us how big your manhood is too!
                      "Go For Broke"
                      Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
                      Small Kine-168/9%
                      Now- 200/8%
                      Goal- 210/6%

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Fernaldo View Post
                        Ripped? Ripped translate to low body fat. It doesn't mean you're strong. It doesn't mean you can squat 600 pounds. It doesn't mean you're healthy. I guarantee you Martin Berkhan is leaner than you and lifts more (unless you pull in the low 6's). That dude devours whole cheesecakes and eats plenty of carbs, translation, different things work for different people. People with normal metabolism usually can handle carbs without issue.
                        I'm very ripped and very strong. Martine Berkhan is very into intermittent fasting which is just another way of minimizing insulin production.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Wanderlust View Post
                          Don't forget to tell us how big your manhood is too!
                          Yeah it's pretty big. After I completely changed my diet it started getting way harder then ever, too.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Blow me! Live more life, become and alcoholic, then be told your liver is fucked, quit drinking, gain 50 lbs in your life then lose 40 of it by changing your lifestyle and you MIGHT have a clue! Try getting into a muscle competition with Korean or other Asian "Rice Eater" Martial Arts expert!
                            Blow me!
                            Living the dream, inside a myth

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Littlesigh View Post
                              Blow me! Live more life, become and alcoholic, then be told your liver is fucked, quit drinking, gain 50 lbs in your life then lose 40 of it by changing your lifestyle and you MIGHT have a clue! Try getting into a muscle competition with Korean or other Asian "Rice Eater" Martial Arts expert!
                              Blow me!
                              The fact that you have responded to my post so negatively is just a reflection of your own insecurities.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by mostofthetime7 View Post
                                I'm very ripped and very strong. Martine Berkhan is very into intermittent fasting which is just another way of minimizing insulin production.
                                "I used to bench 445 (incline) but I don't bench anymore. I can also tie my dick in a knot."
                                "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X