Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think rice eaters are just delusional sugar addicts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
    The Op will photoshop his head on Arnold's body. That would be classic.
    I like to imagine all of tfarny's posts in Arnold's voice.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
      That is epic!
      Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Ouaouaron View Post
        I went to the Elephant Bar the other day and had white rice for the first time in almost a year of going Paleo and it was interesting. Half-way through eating the rice I found that for the first time in almost a year I was craving desert and wine. I don't think it works for me if my reaction is to instantly want more sugar.

I think it could be ok for some people, don't know. I eat 1 or two sweet potatoes each day and I don't get the cravings from them.
        I stop at the Elephant Bar on occasion as it is convenient to an area I'm sometimes in...
        The Ahi Salad...

That's all.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Owly View Post
          And yet I suddenly imagined this Arnold...

“You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by geostump View Post
            What is this Nasi Goreng? I do make a mean Spanish Rice when we have Taco Tuesdays in our house.

It is an Indonesian fried rice dish.

Here's the wikipedia link about it: Nasi goreng - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you ever decide to make it don't use the pre-packaged spice packets for it. Find a recipe that doesn't use those... and believe me there are a ton of recipes out there!
            Female, age 51, 5' 9"
            SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
            2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Comment

• Out of respect for this thread, I had fried rice last night. 'Twas tasty.
              Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
              My Latest Journal

Comment

• Oh yeah, I totally had some of your rice pudding micro creation. It was great.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Beside most of the people being complete food snobs it can be an entertaining forum. I especially love reading the threads how people have become tortured souls eating primal and are in complete misery.

Comment

• boiling rice in coconut milk is real good
                    well then

Comment

• Originally posted by jojohaligo View Post
                      It is an Indonesian fried rice dish.

Here's the wikipedia link about it: Nasi goreng - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you ever decide to make it don't use the pre-packaged spice packets for it. Find a recipe that doesn't use those... and believe me there are a ton of recipes out there!
                      I will definitely try that out, thanks jojo. When I was pregnant with my oldest, a woman I worked with had her mom make Cambodian fried rice for me at least twice a week and OMG, it was amazing. The best I've ever had.
                      Georgette

Comment

• Originally posted by Gadsie View Post
                        boiling rice in coconut milk is real good
                        My wife made a spiced rice pudding that way a couple of weeks back; it was tasty.
                        Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

• Nasi Goreng is one of my favourite dishes. I like the concept of street food and adore south-east asian cuisine.

I eat white rice nearly every day. I have many addictions but this is not one of them. It's a practicality.
                          F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

Working...
                          X