Do you make natto or supplement K2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bravoco View Post
    Long time lurker first time posting, Here is a very good article about Mk-4 and MK-7. In the paragraph titled where has all the vitamin K2 gone item three talks about Mk-7 and the importance of natto being the best source for it. I make my own it's cheap and easy to do. My source for the natto starter is cultures for health. I use organic non GMO soy beans from my local health food store. I cannot find the small soy beans traditionally used for natto, so I use the regular beans and they work fine.

The Mystery of X-Factor Butter Oil and Vitamin K2: Solved
    Hey, welcome!
    That's a great article.
    So how do you like natto, did you acquire a taste for it, or do you just choke it down?
    How hard is it to make, any tips for a newbie?

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
      I love stinky cheese, fermented food, fermented fish sauce, etc. having grown up in Asia, I'm open to a wide variety of flavor and tastes. I've eaten balut and other foods most people wouldn't touch with a pole.

That said, my first taste of natto was my last. If something could make me lose my appetite, that was it. Dear lord the stuff is foul.
      That's amazing, I don't think I could eat balut. I hope I can eat natto. The pictures of it actually look good to me, but I guess its all about the smell and texture. I think I can get over the texture, and I could plug my nose...

Comment

Didn't read any other suggestions, but eat grass fed cheeses and butter to up your K2 naturally. I don't supplement cause I get plenty of both. If you non dairy paily I would definitely supplement.

Comment

Originally posted by camel View Post
          That's amazing, I don't think I could eat balut. I hope I can eat natto. The pictures of it actually look good to me, but I guess its all about the smell and texture. I think I can get over the texture, and I could plug my nose...
          Well, all japanese grocery stores have it, in these tiny little styrofoam rectanglular boxes. But made from non-GMO organic soybeans? Good luck, you might find them... You just have to try this uniquely controversial stink bomb of a highly medicinal food. You''ll either hate or love 'em instantly... haha
          "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
          "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
          "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Damiana View Post
            I love stinky cheese, fermented food, fermented fish sauce, etc. having grown up in Asia, I'm open to a wide variety of flavor and tastes. I've eaten balut and other foods most people wouldn't touch with a pole.

That said, my first taste of natto was my last. If something could make me lose my appetite, that was it. Dear lord the stuff is foul.
            This is basically me(minus the growing up in Asia - though I've spent a few years of my life there). Fermented foods? No problem. Raw foods? Love it. Bizarre meat and vegetables that I can't identify, and can't speak enough of the local language to find out what they are? Been there , done that, plenty of times.

Natto? Barely got the first bite down, and didn't attempt the second. I'll take my supplement and call it a day.

Comment

I eat natto regularly, and I don't think it bears any resemblance to blue cheese taste wise. It's much more tasteless.

What newbies have to overcome is the slimy texture.

I like to mix some soy sauce and wasabi into my natto. Yum.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma View Post
                I barfed when I tried Natto, and I have an Iron stomach. Good luck.
                Ditto. I felt like I got a glob of someone's snot in my mouth ---> immediate barfing.

Comment

Just found out my local sushi place sells ready to eat natto! So I'm going to try it soon!

Comment

Or you could just get a bucket of fish roe (flying fish and smelt are both good) from your local Asian market, which is relatively inexpensive and also yummy wrapped in seaweed on a rice bed.
                    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Comment

Working...
                    X