No announcement yet.

Need a laxative recommendation.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have found that a vegetable based stool softener called Senacot works pretty well, it's not harsh like some "movers" are.

Comment

agree about the smooth moves for quick relief. it's herbal and works reliably overnight.

after that, plenty of water, cooked leafy greens, lots of good fats and a magnesium supplement.
      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Fleet enema. I've used this twice. You can buy it at a drug store. Plasitc bottle with 3" nozzle. Lie on your side insert and squeeze liquid. 5 mintues on your side and "BANG". It breaks up the plug from the other side and is immediate unlike the things you take orally. I've only used it when I know nothing is going to break up the plug! I guess its immediate relief which probably means its not that great for you and you really should try to adjust your diet so the problem doens't occur. But relief is relief

Comment

It really depends on what the cause of your constipation is, and whether it's a chronic or short-term/recent issue, possibly caused by change in diet.

I have 6+ years of IBS experience (with constipation). Tried EVERYTHING out there, from all the OTC laxatives to every old wives' remedy, etc... and the one and only thing that has ever worked successfully for me is Hydro-C, which I ordered from the gutsense website. Unlike the OTC stuff, it doesn't cause cramping or bloating or dependency.

In a pinch, you could also just try high doses of Vitamin C (if you're Vit C deficient, your body will absorb it, so you really have to take an amount that is above your daily need, which is likely 2g+) I've found that for some reason the Hydro-C is a little more effective, but regular Vit C (try to get Ascorbic Acid in powder form, if possible) also works.

Comment

Originally posted by snoops View Post
            Fleet enema.
            i tried one of these on vacation a few years back. it didn't help because i was backed up too "far", lol, i guess. i tried several rounds of it too. nada.
            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Magnesium. Constipated people are typically deficient.

Comment

salt water flush if it's really that bad (look it up) but try coconut oil, a banana, and some fermented veggies first
                I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Comment

Eat enough almond butter and you'll be cured. Discovered by accident in case you were wondering.
                  http://meatsleeprepeat.com/
                  http://ternioncrossfit.com/

Comment

Lots of coconut oil, prunes, and yerba mate.

Try that first and then you can consider drugs if that doesn't help. If you're plugged up, you may want to add some fermented foods to the diet for the probiotic qualities.
                    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

One teaspoon of magnesium really should do it. Did you eat dairy? How did you get clogged?
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Magnesium (on an empty stomach if you really want express relief), or a green apple and a glass of milk if you tolerate lactose.

Comment

Working...
                        X