Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, This Is Gonna Sound Vain. No Way Around It.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for posting the befores.

In terms of vanity, and this is vanity, you have pretty much perfect abs/muscle/fat/lean in my opinion. I don't think the ripped look is super appealing. You have that nice balance. I hate that super hard look. Yeah, I double checked your pics, you look great as it is.

However, nothing wrong with your goal, and something to aim for is always good. But in this very particular gals opinion, it won't be an improvement in terms of sex appeal. Good luck and thank god for men like you.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
      Good luck and thank god for men like you.
      LOL, I second checked the pics too Magnolia

Comment

Haha, girls are hilarious.

Comment

Thanks for posting the befores.

In terms of vanity, and this is vanity, you have pretty much perfect abs/muscle/fat/lean in my opinion. I don't think the ripped look is super appealing. You have that nice balance. I hate that super hard look. Yeah, I double checked your pics, you look great as it is.

However, nothing wrong with your goal, and something to aim for is always good. But in this very particular gals opinion, it won't be an improvement in terms of sex appeal. Good luck and thank god for men like you.
          Lol... seriously women don't care about how shredded a guy's stomach is. We just want someone that respects, loves and especially a man that is not a lazy ass.

Comment

Originally posted by cayla29s View Post
            Lol... seriously women don't care about how shredded a guy's stomach is. We just want someone that respects, loves and especially a man that is not a lazy ass.
            Physical attraction comes first, not to devalue your opinion, but you can't tell if a guy is the things you said if you don't approach him (or let him approach you) and you may be more inclined to do so if he fits YOUR ideal look, which for some women does include a nice set of abs - not all, clearly, but some. Also, the OP is doing this mostly for himself, not for the women he could be getting I'm sure he knows he'd have enough success with his current look.

To the comments about making the abs "pop" that's some cute shit right there, you can train muscles to get bigger for sure, but they also have a pre-determined genetic "max" and I believe the OP has reached them and "bulkier" abs would only look stupid.

So the answer is to put your head down and eat right, strength train with compound movements, sprint uphill and be SUPER PATIENT. The toughest part of this will be the wait, you're definitely at that stage where your body is going to be like "hey! what the fuck are you trying to do to me?! fuck you I NEED this fat" and losing it is going to be hard.
            I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

[QUOTE=iniQuity;969594]
              Physical attraction comes first, not to devalue your opinion, but you can't tell if a guy is the things you said if you don't approach him (or let him approach you) and you may be more inclined to do so if he fits YOUR ideal look, which for some women does include a nice set of abs - not all, clearly, but some. Also, the OP is doing this mostly for himself, not for the women he could be getting I'm sure he knows he'd have enough success with his current look.
              I agree with you. Come on how often would a woman approach a guy that is shirtless to know enough that she should aim for that target. In all honestly for me I look at a guy's face first then the rest of it. If he happens to have a nice sets of abs then that's a bonus. Plus the OP already has awesome abs no need improvement there IMO.

Yes I know the OP is doing it for himself which is fine.

Comment

Thanks, guys/gals! Don't worry, I really am doing this as a personal random challenge. I do fine in the lady department (if you factor out the crazies), so I'm definitely not just trying to pick up girls using abs instead of respect and a great personality.

I'm also in no hurry. I already naturally fall into a pretty good IF schedule, so I imagine I'll get there at some point. I've looked pretty much the same for the last 15 years, plus or minus maybe 8 pounds depending on how hard I'm lifting weights. I'll minimize sugar intake (pretty dang low already) and probably get there.

Comment

I do fine in the lady department (if you factor out the crazies), so I'm definitely not just trying to pick up girls using abs instead of respect and a great personality.
                  Yeah, there is a difference between eye candy and dateable. If you can combine both, it's a pretty potent 1-2 punch though.

Comment

[QUOTE=cayla29s;969670]
                    Originally posted by iniQuity View Post

I agree with you. Come on how often would a woman approach a guy that is shirtless to know enough that she should aim for that target. In all honestly for me I look at a guy's face first then the rest of it. If he happens to have a nice sets of abs then that's a bonus. Plus the OP already has awesome abs no need improvement there IMO.

Yes I know the OP is doing it for himself which is fine.
                    I also look at faces first, and I generally prefer women that are "fuller" so to speak, over the more socially acceptable "perfect" look... not that it matters since I have a gf of three years but you know, I got eyes still.
                    I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Yeah, there is a difference between eye candy and dateable. If you can combine both, it's a pretty potent 1-2 punch though.
                      I think my 1-2 punch is pretty good...

Comment

It's the fit guys, that have the smile and the great personality that end up leaving me speechless and grabbing my hair like a 13 year old. I have a feeling if I met a few of the guys from here in person I'd fall over.

Lord, there is a guy who often ends up walking by my office and we have chatted a few times. Mmm. Everytime, I just end up saying something stupid and he smiles and says something really funny leaving me dumbfounded for a few minutes. That combo of smile, funny, nice and amazing body that you can tell is amazing thru dockers and a poloshirt..... makes a girls day, it does.

Comment

Ok, Great American Beer Festival is over. Friends have flown home. Still feel like I'm recovering a little, but what a great few days. I actually did a better job with eating over the weekend than I thought I would; besides the gallons of booze, I really only had a couple of desserts and a few handfuls of pretzels--the rest of my eating stayed primal. Light workout coming up today to get back into the swing of things, then I'm gonna figure out how to get my abs ripped. I look the same after the weekend (after the bloating went away. How my stomach felt all weekend is a whole other story).

I wonder if the potato feast that's going around the forum is the way to go? I'm too worried about dropping some muscle weight, though.

Comment

This thread was pretty funny to read ha! but MR.Anthony good luck with your goals with your abs!! your stats are my stats but at my lean body mass. currently at 180 5'10 and still cutting
                            Started Primal November 20, 2011
                            Slipped from Christmas-New Years
                            January 2, 2012 until Death= 100% Primal/Paleo

Start Weight-210
                            Goal Weight-Skinny with a 6 pack and lean all around

Journal.... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread44612.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                              Ok, Great American Beer Festival is over. Friends have flown home. Still feel like I'm recovering a little, but what a great few days. I actually did a better job with eating over the weekend than I thought I would; besides the gallons of booze, I really only had a couple of desserts and a few handfuls of pretzels--the rest of my eating stayed primal. Light workout coming up today to get back into the swing of things, then I'm gonna figure out how to get my abs ripped. I look the same after the weekend (after the bloating went away. How my stomach felt all weekend is a whole other story).

I wonder if the potato feast that's going around the forum is the way to go? I'm too worried about dropping some muscle weight, though.
                              Give the potato thing a try for 5 days. You won't be sorry. You won't lose muscle. Do it for 10-14 days for even more fat loss. It works. Just potatoes and no heavy workouts.

Comment

It's the fit guys, that have the smile and the great personality that end up leaving me speechless and grabbing my hair like a 13 year old. I have a feeling if I met a few of the guys from here in person I'd fall over.

Lord, there is a guy who often ends up walking by my office and we have chatted a few times. Mmm. Everytime, I just end up saying something stupid and he smiles and says something really funny leaving me dumbfounded for a few minutes. That combo of smile, funny, nice and amazing body that you can tell is amazing thru dockers and a poloshirt..... makes a girls day, it does.
                                Way to make us naturally skinny guys who have to work our asses off for every ounce of muscle we have feel like we have a chance!
                                "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

Working...
                                X