No announcement yet.

How do you cook with fresh tomatoes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really use fresh Aries in my cooking personally. At least, not in the sense you're probably referring to.

I have a vendor at my local farmer's market that makes fresh, homemade salsa from all locally-grown produce. I am fond of buying her habanero salsa and putting that stuff on almost ANYTHING. That crap is AMAZING. Honestly, that's how I get the majority of the tomatoes in my diet. And I suppose they're not really cooked.
    "The cling and a clang is the metal in my head when I walk. I hear a sort of, this tinging noise - cling clang. The cling clang. So many things happen while walking. The metal in my head clangs and clings as I walk - freaks my balance out. So the natural thought is just clogged up. Totally clogged up. So we need to unplug these dams, and make the the natural flow... It sort of freaks me out. We need to unplug the dams. You cannot stop the natural flow of thought with a cling and a clang..."

Comment

I love this baked pasta sauce recipe from Alton Brown:
      Tomato Sauce Recipe : Alton Brown : Recipes : Food Network
      When it's all ready I'll actually just dump them into a food processor, skin and all
      -Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by impala454 View Post
        I love this baked pasta sauce recipe from Alton Brown:
        Tomato Sauce Recipe : Alton Brown : Recipes : Food Network
        When it's all ready I'll actually just dump them into a food processor, skin and all
        Thanks for the link! That looks like a wonderful recipe.
        Ruth

See my journal, The Balancing Act: Integrating Primal into My Life, for menu plans, musings, and more.

Comment

Try this fresh tomato pasta recipe while tomatoes and basil are plentiful in the garden and farmer's markets. It is a very simple recipe, going over the basics.

Comment

Working...
          X